Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Alison,

Good to hear from you again, thanks for keeping in touch,its really a bit weird but reading about you and experiences,way you think etc you are like my twin :D . Even right down to the fact that you have a 3 year old and a teenager. I of course have my 3 year old son and my other son is 18 years old!

I really do sympathise with every thing you say and yes i am very glad i can find out but also share experiences with someone thats been there already as you truly know what its like,i just sorry you have to go through with it again but hope it will be the last time. I even think identical to you as regards looking at other mothers thinking how lucky they are when i see them bending and playing,shopping etc with their children. I am sure they dont realise how lucky they are til something happens because we all take things for granted but hope after this i will try to help myself a bit more.

I am pretty sure the disc that is prolapsed is L5/S1 which the one right at the bottom. ihave had back pain constantly for 7 months now and wear a heat pad on my back every day-it does not take away the pain but does seem to give slight relief at times but my body is getting so used to them now i not so sure.They also cost an absolute fortune when you wear one every day,infact the shop ran out for a few weeks as i think i had bought them all smile

As for pain relief i have been taking co-dydramol for many years due to what they call \"achey leg syndrome\" which is being made even worse by this problem i think so pain relief not working that well as i so used to them. The doctor prescribed diclofenac for a week but i cant take anti inflammatories as i also have an acid problem and they really upset me-which they did.I then had tamazepan i think but they did nothing just bit drowsy so then i got tramacet but again just make me tired and do nothing much for pain. She did not want me to have morphine as would knock me out and no good in charge of toddler which i agree with as dont know about you but i am so tired every day just from sitting around so much when i am not used to doing this. Also i dont know if you agree but living with chronic pain every day gets so wearing and cant help but get fed up and am even more so as will prob miss all summer not doing much and thought it would be sorted after all his time.

Listen to me going on and on i sound like such a moaner!!! I not really but am still young at 39 but feel like i am past it!! Are you around the same age?

Can you also tell me after your last op did you have to have a catheter at all and were you left with any numbness in your leg etc as a lot of people i have read about seem to experience this.Its good that there seems to be a 90% success rate but like you say there still 10% left over.

I live in Surrey do you live anywhere near?

The one thing i think we can both say is we both have supportive husbands thank goodness because how would we manage without them? Going back a bit my leg pains have been worse now the last two or so months but they did start in jan with sciatica-that was my crying stage when i could not walk or even lean forward on the sofa without searing pain everywhere,but now the leg pains just hurt,difficuilt to describe but a bit like i have run a marathon so painful and restless and sometimes cant sleep because i dont know what to do with them. Are yours anything like that? And as for standing still in queues etc that is such a no no longer than about a minute or two.

Anyway i have gone on long enough for now i appreciate your replies and maybe sometime we could talk some other way? We seem to have a lot to say,and maybe we can share good things as well- our children,and one day again we will be back to doing all the proper mummy things.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Rebecca

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

HOW RUDE OF YOU TO WRITE IN CAPS, lol

good morning how are you today and how is the little one,

going to give swimming a miss today, woke up back is killing me, its not the swimming that hurt me back. but carrying the little one must of done it, so ill take it easy today

with recovery the surgoens always say its about 6 weeks unto your back to normal, A (whats there meaning of normal) B everyone's body is diff so it depends, i think they base it on ppl who dont have little ones running about. i dont think 6 weeks is realistic, but ill let u no after this op, yea i agree after 6 weeks ill prob be able to drive if im lucky & maybe ill be able to walk about etc but as to running a marathon no chance

my prob with 1st op is i had a 3 month old, so noway cud i look after him or lift him even etc & do the things like change his nappy, im hoping as my little one is now much older it will be alot easier,

but as to lifting saucepans to cook & doing things like washing and ironing & bending down to dress the little one etc etc i dont no, i no i had to not carry anyway for months, was to scared to do damage to my back,

yea dogs are very therapeutic. going to miss him so much when im in hospital, kids can visit, dogs cant, dunno why, hahahaha

i can just imagine charlie visiting me, hed run wild, he think still hes 2 months old,

nah i cant swim like a mermaid, where i go swimming in the morning as over 60's swim for free im the only young one there, anyway there is this lady she swims like a rocket, told her i think she has a motor somewhere pushing her along, i cud never swiming that fast,

going to try walk charlie,then im chilling out allday,

ali

x

chat soon

• Posted

Good morning to you,

How are you today? Well that is a silly question as i know dont i? I would definitely agree your back is hurting due to yesterday,it happens to me all the time and we know the signs by now dont we-so relax and dont worry about anything.

Iam so so today but the day is young i have to go out today for a bit so am trying to save up my energy for that. My little one ok thanks,we just been watching big cook little cook on how to make a chocolate cake...mmmmmmmm yum thats what i say. :lol:

At least with your little one at nursery you can watch this morning- i like that but have to suffer c beebies most of the day if at home,some of those programmes really wind me up now as seen them for 3 years!!!

I am aware of the free 12 and half hours nursery a week but to be honest when i phoned private nurseries i could use it but they would only let me use one 2 and half hr session at any time but would have to pay for the whole morning and paying monthly worked out way too dear so thats why am waiting to see if he gets a nursery place within school. That is not looking very likely though as so over subscribed here.

I have not got the energy to go around all these places as would have to do it on my own. He really does need to go though as he gets so bored and frustrated and then destruction sets in!!!

Its bad enough trying to conquer the toilet training as some of it he ok at but refuses to do the poo poo in the toilet so still have to put him in nappy pants. He did it a few times and igave him so much praise but something put him off,i tried lots of things- rewards,present etc etc but he so scared of it. If i felt more able i think i would try harder but taking him out i did the pants thing and he wet them etc so had to take him to undress etc and too much strain on my back. It does quite stress me though coz nurseries are so fussy now. They dont realise though when you have long standing problem how hard it makes things do they?

I am pretty sure the disc i got problems with is the exact same as yours right at the bottom so wonder if that will go in my favour as it the lowest , you will be there first so i shall await your answer. I am actually going to see my gp next week for a chat as he has had it done and his wife so just want to ask him some questions with first hand experience like yourself.Iwill let you know if he gives me any valuable info.

I had to laugh when you told me the contents of your shopping trolley as it sounds like mine....yes the hubby wanders to the electricals and we do the food,they get so bored shopping dont they? although mine is becoming a bit of an expert these last few months as im sure yours has too.

I am not sure if this is going to be a private message or not as i my account has been activated but when i put your user name in to send a message it said no matches could be found,so if this doesnt work then maybe we can try msn?altho i dont know how we are going to pass on our details to each other???

Where you live sounds like a nice little place- a bit smaler than what am used to but i know it does have lots of pluses. Did your oldest son not mind moving at his age leaving his friends behind? Must be quite a big shock for someone his age. I must say i have never been to that part of the country so have no idea what its like. I actually booked us a night away in poole for saturday but have just cancelled it as would be silly when i cant do much when i get there and its going to be RAINING ,not my favourite weather,i like the sun ,not too hot but at least sunny because i believe it does make you feel a bit better.

Oh well i be off for a bit as i have to try and get myself looking half human and i only got 2 hours,thats a tall order. I will be back on later to see if i have any upates. Dont forget make the most of yor quiet time and take it easy.

Speak soon.x

• Posted

hi

thats bad about the nurserys u rang up. Here there are loads of nurserys attached to a school who allow ur child to go just for the 2&hald hours aday. but yea i get what you mean about the private nurserys. They want you to pay for th4 hole morning then they take of the 2&half hours a day.

Thats a shame about you cancelling your night away in poole, its so nice there. i agree about the weather. it aint nice going away knowing it will rain, i love the sun but not to hot, but yea it does make ya feel better.

do u have any other plans for the weekend, We were thinking about taking the little one to this theme park called paultons park, its great for 3 year olds, wanted to go one last time, but checked weather earlier as its rain rain rain,

We were goin to move out of london 5 years ago, but my son was at high school & begged us not to move yet, He promised hed get good GCSE results if we stayed unto hed done his exams, So we stayed, I hated everyday, but did it for jamie, Even though he new we were always going to move he wasnt totally happy about it of course,

J was robbed at knife point last year in london about 5 months b4 we moved, so i new from that we were doing the right thing moving, that was the worst day of my life, seeing my son run onto drive to the house, i new something bd had happened, ill never get over it, anyway enough of that, police caught one of them, there was a court case in london dec just gone & the boy was found guilty he got 12 months for what he did to my son, he got 2 years for doing the same to another boy, but my son was the lucky one when u hear what he did to the other boy hours b4 my son.

then another long story js m8 was with him at the time when he was robbed, he was a witness for jamie, but after we moved here i was driving j back to london every weekend to see his m8s and girlfriend, we been here nearly a yr now, his girlfriend j has been friends with her for years, they respected me and didnt start going out unto after exmas, she comes here every other weekend & summer hols etc, shes coming here next saturday to stay a couple of weeks to help with little one and me when i have my op,

anyway j has known all his friends for like 10 years, alot of stirring was done when we moved here, one boy started on j in txs, cut along story short j was in london one weekend in october last year his so called friends turned of him cos of this one boys stirring, j had lunch with his girlfriend he left to go back to his nans where he was staying, one of his m8s (or so i thought was a m8) txd j and said meet me by the pizza place, it was a set up, all js m8s stood there while his so called best m8 attacked him bad,

i got a call from j to say hed been attacked, i was like 100 miles away, what do u do as a mum, i freaked out, told j call police he went to his nans and they got a ambulance, i rang my husband he drove from work to get me, we got to london in under 50mins, worst 50 mins of my life, j didnt need to go hospital, but seeing him my world fell apart, what they did to him by standing & watching and setting him up etc was the worst thing ever.

check em out going on again, police arrested the boy, he admitted everything, he was charged but cautioned cos was 1st offence, then j got threats against his life etc, police were fantasic, but js not allowed to go back to london again for his own safety, so as to just moving away, im glad because hes been friends with all this boys for 10 years, u think u no some and u dont,

js friend chris whos hes known since they were 3 is js only true friend and his gf was there so much for him, if he hadnt of had them i dont no what wud of happened, i feel for js gf as she has to go to 6form with all these boys who did this, but shes a strong girl and police have warned them all etc anyway, js happier here now hes made friends, but hes so weary of ppl now,

but hes doing good, hes got couple of m8s here,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.