Reporting an assessor

Posted , 7 users are following.

Recently had a home visit for a pip assessment . I requested a copy of my assessment report which ccontained lots of lies , I'm not going to go into detail about all of them but will just mention one as an example . I showed the assessor a letter from my consultant stating that I had anxiety and I showed her my tablets that I was prescribed for my anxiety it clearly showed that these tablets were on prescription from my gp .

On the assessment report it said that I was not prescribed any medication for my anxiety which is obviously a lie . I'm preparing documents for my mandatory reconsideration , my gp has written a letter saying I am prescribed medication for my anxiety. 

Can I report the assessor for blatant lies ? 

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Paul sorry to hear what has happened with your pip assessment, my neighbour had the same problem it's so upsetting how those healthcare professionals can lies on claimants assessment reports and get away with it  definitely complain to the assessment provider the more people complain the better. 

I know people who's  had the best medical evidences  from their gps , hospital consultant and care workers came to nothing because of the many lies and  innacuracies  report of the pip assessor they get zero point. The only thing that saved my neighbour was that her pip form was filled in certain way which met all the pip descriptors to get high point. I also helped my neighbour putting in a complaint first  to the decision maker asking him to reconsider his  decision and to look again at her claim obviously enclosing all evidence  because sometimes medical reports and evidence letters from GPs has been removed by the time the decision maker gets the report to make their decision  what pip rates you will get.

I hope you get a mandatory reconsideration letter so that you can appeal. 

• Posted

I gave all copies of my medical reports and gp letters to the assessor and also sent copies into DWP 
    • Posted

That's great I keep fingers crossed all will work out for you. You've been given great advise from members in this forum.

• Posted

I had the same my assessor lied said a lot of untrue things I.e that I drove myself to see her when my husband took me she said I did not seem anxious which I found appalling how someone can say that when they have seen me for short time . I cannot go anywhere on my own because of my anxiety and depression. They had all my letters from consultants as I have lot medical history. I was refused have done mandoratry got refused again even went to the appeal also refused I am applying to the upper tribunal gonna keep fighting

• Posted

I think we are going of topic . I'm not here to discuss my medical conditions I want to know how to go about making a complaint and reporting the assessor for blatant lies 

• Posted

Paul,

No one has gone off topic. I told you in my first post how to report an assesor. You have to report through the assessment providers. NOT DWP. So whatever company did your assessment you need to write a letter to them stating the name of the person who carried out your face 2 face assessment. We are trying to help Paul...

• Posted

To claim PIP you have to have certain criteria that as you have been told numerous times has to give you points on the descriptor's, you say your health conditions are not open for discussion but that's why your complaining, your saying that the assessor misrepresented your illness and implied you didn't suffer from it, if anxiety is your only claimable ailment then I'm not sure why you keep discussing it and if your feeling so strongly there wrong why you haven't sent a complaints letter already.

They will see your lack of action as if your not able to prove that they treated you badly.

• Posted

Anxiety is not my only ailment as i said in the earlier post I was using anxiety and the fact that the assessor did not say I received medication for it when I did as an  example of the lies . I have many other ailments which prevent me from.doing many of the activities in the point descriptors and piles of documented evidence from gps,  orthopaedic surgeons , physiotherapists , plastic surgeons , mental health consultants , carers etc  etc.

Like I said this post is not about that but how I go about reporting an assessor for blatant lies old in the assessment report . 

• Posted

Paul,

Having told you a few times how you report the assessor, have you actually took my advice? and contacted the assessment provider to report the person?  It's been a few weeks now since you had your report back.

• Posted

I'm gathering as much evidence as I can and putting a strong letter together I have someone in a legal profession doing it for me then I will be reporting the assessor .

Thanks for the advice it was helpful 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.