Residual thymic tissue

Posted , 10 users are following.

I had a CT on my chest w/contrast. My GP said I needed to get an echocardiogram ( which I had at the ER already too and they said it was fine) none the less, he seemed mildly concerned with the following statement from my CT scan. Anyone have any input? 

‘Mild hazy soft tissue density within the anterior mediastinum, favored to represent residual thymic tissue without a discrete mass appreciated. No axillary or supraclavicular adenopathy.’ 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Anything that happens you us is a concern, but in your case you should stay in contact with your doctor until you get the all clear for definite.

• Posted

I had the same "observation" noted on my CT scan. I was essentially told, its not entirely normal. But my ocular MG, weird fluttering in my veins randomly and hair falling out is all separate, and unrelated.

Its not until things are on the edge and symptoms are so undeniable that doctors take note. And yes, until then, its all in your head.

I know the subtlety of my own body. i live in it everyday. I know when its not right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.