restless leg...and arms, a hands, and....

Posted , 11 users are following.

hello, going to tap in to the wealth of knowledge yet again... :D

this restless leg syndrome is [size=18:e675434720][color=red:e675434720]KILLING[/color:e675434720][/size:e675434720] me

:evil:

ok not literally, but it is without a doubt the most unpleasant thing ive ever experienced, and the main reason i dont sleep well on some nights. :zzz:

alicia suggested elevating my leg which works a little bit, but not when it's bad. the worst thing is when i get it in my hands and arms and even chest, and then my whole body feels like its buzzing and cant calm down. :steam:

sometimes breathing excercises help me but not recently. does anyone know what on earth causes this and if theres anything i can do to ease it? ive tried everything, including having a bath and taking beta blockers (whch helps a bit).

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I can relate, having it in my arms and hands is the worse! If you figure out how to stop it, please let me know! I'll do the same! I don't think you can truly appreciate what an awful condition this is unless you've been through it! It runs in my family. My dad, sister and I all have it, mine is much worse. My son started getting it when he was young, he is now almost 24. 😞
  • Posted

Hi,

I have exactly the same symptoms as you. Have seen neurologist who out ruled ms but gave me no indication of what might be wrong..

What helped you most??

Thanks for reading x

• Posted

i've had RLS for years.  In the beginning, I would just take a potassium supplement and Id be fine. When that stopped working, my PC  doc gave me clonazepam, worked great, so, of course, they tried to stop it..  Finally won that battle and now, just in the last few weeks, my hands are getting in the act  i just keep wringing my hands and can't stop.  Now I put lotion in my hands when it's bad.  Small relief, but no cure.  All the meds I see advertised are simply magnesium, potassium, iron, and folic acid and B6.  So, Im taking all those and occasionally get a decent night's sleep. It sure is annoying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.