restless legs other symptoms

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone have the following prolems re. restless legs. Firstly symptoms often begin whilst sitting down after becoming tired although they are mostly at night just after going to bed. 1. feet itch and feel hot 2. that heat seems to spread to my knees and between my legs (that is extremely uncomfortable).  3. brain seems 'fuzzy' and can't concentrate.

4. legs start moving and kicking. 5. to gain relief get out of bed and stand in the kitchen 6. Have an urge to eat anything and everything in the larder and this is causing me to gain weight. Eventually go back to bed and kick about until sleep comes. I have not slept with the wife for a year for fear of injuring her when I kick. Take Ropinerol and vitamins with iron.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

I have found that having 1.5 mg of clonazepam just before bed I could get to sleep. I was on 2mg of ropinirole as well. Unfortunately I was waking up between 4 and 5 with spasms which then kept me awake. My wife and I moved to separate beds about 4 weeks ago (I am newly diagnosed). The doc has now taken me off the ropinirole and all I take now is 2mg of clonazepam when I go to bed and cocodomol when I wake up as my legs are very painful. I haven't (thankfully) had an eating urge!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.