Results

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've received my results today earlier than expected and the receptionist said she got a doctor to take a preliminary look and he couldn't see any areas of concern.

For now I am massively relived, shocked and a little bit worried still as I've read on here that blood results for liver can be negative but there can still be issues?!

This is now my 3rd set of bloods over the years all showing no areas of concern... How much can I actually start to believe things are ok?!

What is the likelihood there could still be liver problems or am I just being anxious?

I wish I knew what caused the spider angioma to keep appearing and the Bizzare thing was last week I kept setting off shop alarms I was convinced I had iron overload I guess that would have shown in my blood work?!

I'm going to pop to docs Monday morning and see if I can get a copy of the results.

Sorry if I'm ranting like a crazy one, on the plus side husband asked if I wanted wine tonight and I was able to say no, really hope this has been the wake up call I needed.....

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So they didn't offer any info at all on the agionomas?

• Posted

At my appointment she said we'll check your liver function as they are spider neavi which could indicate a liver problem given your drinking history or they could just be "something your skin does" .....

From a vanity point of a view I asked when they would stop cropping up as they are getting quite unsightly on my arms with at least 3 obvious ones which I have to cover with makeup and have done for many years....

I have a review next week so I will discuss further but I'm not hopefull I'll get to the bottom of why I have them... Seems a bloody strange coincidence me....

• Posted

She didn't say they would check your hormone levels? The "something your skin does"... you might need to lean into them a bit. 

• Posted

Trust your results.

In my field of work...3 same results...validate a system is operating correctly.

They call it Validation.

I have always had good blood results...until the last time i drank....so try not to drink.

• Posted

Thanks Missy, I do wonder if I'll ever have a normal relationship with alcohol but right now I'm just happy abstaining for as long as I can do and in the long term maybe I can make a deal with myself to only drink when out on social occasions as the drinking home alone is the slippery slope.

I've proved I can do it before when I've had to so this big wake up call is hopefully what I've needed.

• Posted

It sounds like you are like me.

And that means that you can't have a normal relationship with alcohol.

Normal drinkers don't end up in the hospital when they drink..LOL (not funny).

• Posted

I think you are spot on there.....

Wish I was a take it or leave it kind of person, unfortunately it's all or nothing for me same with fags, food..... Sigh

What's your journey missy?! How's things now?

• Posted

Two things that we have to remember..."normal" people don't wonder about their relationship with alcohol, because there is no relationship.  They can REALLY take it or leave it.  (I watched my sister pour out half a bottle of wine because of a little cork in it.  I almost fainted!  LOL..).

I was sober 3 years, and I went on a cruise (floating bar) with my ex-husband, and decided I would only drink while on vacation.  Let me say that that was 10 years ago, and I have struggled ever since.  I am now 5 months sober, and have ESLD.  I don't know if I will need a liver transplant for sure yet, but probably.

Please try to stay stopped this time!  I go to AA and see a counselor.

Good luck and prayers for you!

• Posted

I am so jealous that i can not drink like my b/f...but I have proved...time and time again in the last 2 years...I can't.

The journey now is more difficult than it was 10 years ago when I stopped (11 now actually).  So pretty much I started my 3rd year back to drinking.

I have 30 days right now....I have been going to the gym....going to Drs...going to therapy....I feel much better.  

BUT..yesterday there was a man in a car next to me...drinking a CAN....my head WHIPPED around...to see if it was a "beer".  No it was an energy drink...but my body reacted with jealousy thinking it was a beer..and I was automatically snappy.....because I want to drink.

I am taking Campral...which stops cravings AND it works..BUT..I stopped it 3 days ago because it was upsetting my stomach...and making have no taste....and I think tommorow I will take some of them...maybe if I don't take them to a point where they build in my system..I won't feel sick.

• Posted

and I'm on a diet..I want to lose 5 more pounds..lost 2 or 2.5 this week...exercising..eating properly.

• Posted

Sabrina, check out Acamprosate. It blunts your drinking triggers after a couple of weeks and some folks with liver problems here use it. 
  • Posted

gb...

Good news!  Remember to breathe.  Just focus on the positive now, and pass on the wine or any alcohol!  

Have a blessed weekend!

Sabrina

• Posted

Good for you saying no to the wine!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!

☺☺☺

• Posted

perahps it is good news after all?? Robin
    • Posted

Robin I'm still not convinced, like many others the worry is still with me.

I worry my platelet count is on the lower end of normal this in itself could indicate liver damage.

I'm so scared to hear you can have normal tests and still have a damaged liver, I feel I will liver forever with this fog of worry hanging over me.

• Posted

I hear this all the time and I have no idea why. If you drank a lot of alcohol, guess what, you have liver damage, I can tell you that right now. If you're not drinking anymore, you're gonna go on living as you would. Everybody is drinks excessively gets scarring on their liver, just only 1 in 10 have it turn into the C 

• Posted

i agree with Joel and my liver is not damaged in spite of 30+ yrs of drinking...best of luck from Robin...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.