Results

Posted , 11 users are following.

I've received my results today earlier than expected and the receptionist said she got a doctor to take a preliminary look and he couldn't see any areas of concern.

For now I am massively relived, shocked and a little bit worried still as I've read on here that blood results for liver can be negative but there can still be issues?!

This is now my 3rd set of bloods over the years all showing no areas of concern... How much can I actually start to believe things are ok?!

What is the likelihood there could still be liver problems or am I just being anxious?

I wish I knew what caused the spider angioma to keep appearing and the Bizzare thing was last week I kept setting off shop alarms I was convinced I had iron overload I guess that would have shown in my blood work?!

I'm going to pop to docs Monday morning and see if I can get a copy of the results.

Sorry if I'm ranting like a crazy one, on the plus side husband asked if I wanted wine tonight and I was able to say no, really hope this has been the wake up call I needed.....

2 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How big are the spiders exactly? little tiny ones mean nothing, they come with age. 
    • Posted

The two big ones I have on my bicep/ forearm are about 1cm in diameter that's where the branching out stops, ( they have been present for 7 years or so gradually getting more noticeable) I have a couple of smaller ones on my other arm, a few on my neck chest area, and tiny oneon my hand, one on my wrist, belly button and upper leg.

They all have a red central dot, and they all disappear when pressed then reappear when pressure released....

I've just had my review with the doctor who said my test results show no liver damage etc but apart from my slightly higher MCV ...

I am getting a blood test next for B12 deficiency....

• Posted

I know after one of my heavy drinking episodes...I had blood work and most of it was wacky...So, I did alot of research at the time...about each count that was off.

Your MCV....volume of red cells...I know I was looking that up as well.

Alcohol really scr*ws up the system.  I had myself having all kinds of diseases.....but in fact a couple weeks later...after NO drinking my blood work was redrawn and everything was normal.

I specifically read alot about platelets...they go down when drinking but can rebound and go high when we stop.....again, I had myself dying of some awful cancer...

My B12 was low and so was Vitamin D.  Now...I haven't drank in over a month...all blood work is fine.

I think it is safe to say...that yours will be fine too if you can manage to stay away from a drink.

Good news on your liver!

All the drinking I have done over the past 3 years...my Dr said my liver really was never impacted till this last time.  And she said if I can manage to stay away from a drink...my body would heal itself.

If I want to drink....than I am going to have problems...as will you.

• Posted

You ever do your INR/PT?

That always sets peoples mind at ease. If that's good, I would say you are good. I don't even know why doctors test with AST/ALT get right to the good stuff. 

• Posted

Joel, Yes being tested next week for clotting factors as already have a known factor 5 ....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.