Results after having Rezum surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

I have read about all of the different possible surgerys out there and believe that Rezum would be the best at the present time for me. Is there anyone out there who has had this new surgery and can you tell me if it worked. I have read most of the information on how it is done and am wondering about the pain during the procedure and then if it has worked. 

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im three weeks into recovery with this procedure.  I would say I'm worse off now than before trnprocedure. I have blood in my urin when I first go and have to get up several times in the night. 

I hope in a few more weeks I will be back to my pre sugery state and will continue to improve which was the main goal of this procedure.  

The cathider experience was beyond awful.  I never want to go through that again.   

I was put under for the procedure and do not remember pain except for the cathider. That first day was awful. All cathider time was awful.  It's like having that burning painful sensation you have right before you release your self after holding your bladder for a 14hour car ride. Except that sensation does not go away and you don't get that Ahhhh pleasure feeling when you finally go. 

• Posted

Its too bad that they didn't have you self cath til you could go on your own. I think every urologist should have to wear a foley catheter for a week every year, so they know what they're putting their patients through when they prescribe them.

What you are experiencing is normal and typical for this procedure. The blood should go away within a week or two and by week 6 most Rezum patients are better than prior to having it done. There is no improvement for at least 30 days, most of the benefits occur during weeks 6-12 and after 6 months, you will have gotten all the benefits you're going to get.

Why urologists don't tell their Rezum patients all of this is beyond me.....

• Posted

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since I've had my Rezum surgery. I am 83 years old and this was my choice to help my problems of medication and getting up so many times with no sleep.The first few days were a little uncomfortable for me. I saw very small amounts of blood and burned very little.I had swelling to begin with and that was quite funny how it affected my penis.One day I would be like when I was young and the next day it was over. I am still passing small amounts of blood and occasionally a little burning.I have been told that up to three months this could continue until a complete healing occurs.I do take blood thinners so I'm assuming this is some of my problem. I know everyone responds differently to anything medical, this would still be my choice at all measures.I am happy with the Rezum Procedure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.