retrograde ejaculation after rezum

Posted , 33 users are following.

I I had the rezum procedure performed on me about a year ago and it's been a true mixed blessing . On one hand I'm as happy as I can be since I can urinate like I was 15 years old again. On the other hand I've not ejaculated since the procedure not even a drop. I want to make clear that the procedure did not affect my ability to get an erection at all. However, not being able to ejaculate results in a ruined orgasm everytime I have sex.

I'm 51 years old and my wife and I have sex 2 3 times a week yet I feel sexually frustrated due to the lack of ejaculation.

My urologist recommended I take Sudafed before sex. i tried it once and it didn't work.

My understanding is this problem is far more common then the medical community admits to.

I'm hoping someone may have some good Insight on how to resolve this issue if it's even resolvable .

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

• My experience has been that a Rezum treatment of 3+ years ago, most likely did contribute to my RE and I must assume the condition is permanent. Age mid 60's and cannot expect the situation will improve at this point; However I think it's fair to say - there are other factors involved. I've also had UroLift done 5+ years ago. Prostate did continue to grow. My Rezum did heal up quickly and seemed to improve flow; but only minor and temporary. However I had other medical problems one year following Rezum... Cardiac catheterization. Recovery time from that. Also have developed pre diabetic condition, borderline, currently fighting off Type-2 Diabetes.

So these medical issues are often grouped under "Metabolic Syndrome" a collection of problems affecting a large # of Men in their 50's and 60s; Excess weight, Pre diabetes, Low HDL cholesterol. too much BMI. I feel healthy however following 2 years of Pandemic it's been tough. I exercise and eat well, but at my age, many guys use Tadalafil for help with erections. So all considered I can't blame the Rezum completely. I took Tamsulosin (FLomax) for 5 years to help relieve my BPH; that medication is also known to cause retrograde ejaculation.

• Posted

RE I've had a few urologists tell me, "The sensation is the same...." blah blah blah. I've had 3 Turps in 2 years and now, Full on RE.

Its horrible. Its a non event that you can barely recognize as something has happened. And if you bear down and try really hard to ejaculate, it becomes more of a horrible convulsion than anything approaching pleasure.

Just ruins everything.

I said to my urologist before my last turp, that he ought to come up with some way to fix RE and there be a mile long lineup of guys willing top pay thousands of dollars to have this fixed !

Its really horrible how they all try to sell this as nothing. Its a huge problem !!!!!!

• Posted

i am 46 did the rezume procedure after years using prostate medicine due to frequent urination with no results . i am almost 3 months from the procedure . i still go frequently to the toilet at night and the new thing to me now that i have dry orgasm or retro... the doctor before the procedure told me that i will have less sperm which was ok for me but now i dont have sperm at all..... Sad from the rezume so far.....

• Posted

It happens more then you know. I use to keep track. Out of 111 men that had it done 92 got retro ejaculation. It is because they to not watch where they place the injections. They destroy the duct. And it is what it is.

• Posted

i went to 3 doctors Mayo john Hopkins ..Duke University ,,,i settled on a doc in Texas ...all 3 of those Greedy doctors said you pick the surgery !! is this lets make a deal ? One told me the Turp was the gold standard …he called it Roter router .. what !! The gold standard and Roter do not blonde in the same sentence ..I had resume done there was a child in the room telling me not to breath so hard !! I had a device in mE !!and it hurt this child should be I there ,,they where probably paying her 12$ hr …a woman doc at Duke told me to suck it up cupcake !! If she had to have her clitoris cut of an no more orgasms ,,and I was a male doc..and said this …I would have been villainized!! After taking care of my parents for 20 years …I finally have a life back ..I have been deformed …and my orgasm..and things that we can do it during our sex lives have been eliminated…the assembly line medicine that our country has put forth and treating human beings just as cattle is deplorable…my life has been degraded

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.