Returning back to work part time and pip

Posted , 7 users are following.

Do I need to inform anybody am returning to work? July 2015 I got diagnosed with RA, I worked in childcare 30 hours per week . February this year I decided to leave my job, as I was unable to do it like before,interacting with the children in outdoor play, floor games, lifting children up etc. In May this year I was awarded standard pip. I have now found myself a job as a Lunchtime Supervisor so I will be working an hour and fifteen mins a day, 6.5hrs per week. To get this job I've had to have a Health Consultation with my new employer. I am awarded pip until 2019, so can I take on this job or have to notify DWP,and will it effect my pip??

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi. Just been onto Pip, I will be able to find employment as this is a non means tested benefit. Feeling a bit better, especially if I find suitable employment ☺
    • Posted

It may be non means tested but they'll hold it against you. A friend warned me against admitting that I can use a computer but I thought, that has nothing to do with me being virtually bed ridden. So when a PIP assessor came to my home and he asked if I use the online banking system I said 'Yes, occassionally;

It was only afterwards that I remembered what my friend said about them sneakily finding out how able we are in cognitive as well as physical issues.

• Posted

Where PIP is concerned absolutely! They need to know what you're capable of.

• Posted

Absolutely.

Far too many people think of PIP in the negative term - What I can't do.

It is just as important to tell them what you can do.

'Forgetting' to mention any positives can only leave the DWP with the impression that you can't actually do anything.

Otherwise you would leave yourself wide open to a possible benefit fraud investigation if you are seen being able to do something and not having told them.

• Posted

I've got rheumatoid arthritis, I did work 8.45-3.15 in a childcare setting. I left as they did not alter my hours(starting later on, especially as I get the most pain in morning) Also they did not carry out a risk assessment after returning to work off 10wks sick and ask what I am or not able to do anymore. I had no choice to leave now when I went to capita for me assessment I did tell her lady that. Did mention I would like to find alternative suitable employment. But wanted them to give me a health consultation on what I can do and what I can't.

• Posted

You sound very reasonable and worthy of being believed and treated right!

It sounds as though you had a very bad assessor; that's awful. Don't give up; keep fighting.

Do you take coconut oil? It should help you. And Comfrey ointment.

• Posted

And Echinacea for your immune system.
    • Posted

As Ive only been diagnosed with RA since July 2015, it's all so new. I self inject methotrexate, take hydroxycholoquine, various painkillers, am due to start cimzia few weeks time. Thank you for your suggestions I will try.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.