Reversal of shrinkage/fusing?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone experienced  steroid working to release fusing and shrinkage? I had some reversal of fusing when I used Betnovate for first time some months ago and then had a period of remission, but I am now experiencing rapid shrinkage and fusing of clitoris and am panicking as steroid is so far doing  nothing to slow it. Anyone 'revived' their clitoris? Help! 

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I read different things people use for this is I'm 69nyears old and this cramp started after I went through menopause those white blisters then they gave me the club ointment couldn't use burnt the devil out of You. Now they put me own a blog cream plus I go back the 17th of Sept for a biopsy which I really don't want because I don't like pain. But she told me they would have to see how bad mine is. I soak 2 times a day in Epson salt and baking soda to relieve the pain when you go to the bathroom. I wouldn't wish this cramp on my worst enemy.

• Posted

i was diagnosed about 4 years ago at age 58,since then both labora minor and major have fused and the hood seems to have dropped down hiding the clitoris,which has no sensation at all.i was told at the time that its an autoimmune desease and that most people have 3 at one time,mine being under active thyroid and arthritis,does this mean i`m unable to get anymore?? Dr`s seem to say stupid things when they don`t know the answer! i was also told that in severe case it can turn to cancer of the vulva,as i`m now over 60 i no longer get invited for a cancer smear but my gynae always does one when i see him which is every 4 months.at first i was worried about it thinking he was expecting the worse but now i`m quite reassured as, if ever the results were bad i know it was only within the previous 4 months.on a brighter note,my husband is wonderful and very supportive which helps  a lot,hopefully one day soon there will be a cure for us all.i`m just amazd how these proffessionals all have different veiws on treat ment

• Posted

susan, I think doctors all treat it differently because the patients all have different responses to the meds we try. Maybe this is the nature of autoimmune disease? I wonder how many studies are being done. Maybe docs are on their own to figure it out because there are no proven cures or meds to slow down the disease. It isn't very encouraging, that's for sure. I'm hoping my gyn was correct when stating that mine was due to lack of estrogen (indicated by the AV, I assume, as no blood test was ordered). In that case I am hoping using the hormone cream will arrest the progress of the LS.

• Posted

I was just doing some research and came up with this which is readily accessible. No medical jargon and instills a certain amount of hope...not for a cure, but for accepting LS and what to do about it. Hopefully the moderator will not block it. After all, if this site is not here for us to share info what is its purpose?

http://www.caredownthere.com.au/_pages/advice_sclerosus.html

• Posted

Well, there you have it. My link to a good site for LS was blocked. Anyone who wants it, send me a message. This is getting ridiculous. I have seen links on here re buying products yet this link that clearly said LS advice was blocked.
    • Posted

I would like the link please but no idea how to PM you on here. Hope you can send it to me. 
    • Posted

Write out the link but leave a gap in the words, or write out the "dot" and see if that works. We may have to speak in code somwme way.

• Posted

Just click on the envelope next to someone’s name to send a private message! ❤️
    • Posted

You are the 6th person so far wanting it. How ridiculous is it that the moderator blocked it? People should complain to Patient.com. about helpful links being blocked.

In order to send a private message in the future look next to the person's name. You will see a little envelope icon. Click on that.

http://www.caredownthere.com.au/

• Posted

Hi Beverly, I know the Moderator automatically censoring external links is a pain in the proverbial but this is also for our own protection where the appropriateness of stuff on other web sites cannot be presumed or verified.

However, there are ways and means of navigating round this.  If you have seen many of Nancy KB's posts she uses extensive external links for those posts - so she must have gotten the dispensation to do this.

One simple way of contacting the moderators is to write a simple message then post it as a normal message.  Then, click on the "Report this" red text in the bottom left corner.  Put in what it is you are trying to achieve that you think might be blocked and (eventually) someone will get back to you.

* My Tip for any external links is to draw attention to where you want people to link to and why in the normal text of your message, then, place the http address at the bottom of your message with one blank line in between {as in the case of your last message post on here}

• Posted

Wee, I did do just that the first time, but the post was blocked for many days (8)!  I have no idea how Nancy gets away with it. I clearly stated in the 1st post that it was a link to helpful info. Have also had posts removed for giving the name of useful products  that have been mentioned MANY times before by others. 

The moderator contacted me once years back about not allowing discussions about healthcare coverage. Too controversial (?)

• Posted

I need help here too -- I have had LS for 20+ years, and had to stop the Clob, it was making my skin so thin a really started to irritate me. I've been using Emuaid, and it helps with the itching, but not with the fusing... I also use Perrins Creme Complete, but still doesn't help with the fusing... I'm trying Borax sitz baths too, but too soon to know if anything is changing, I read about it from this forum

I came across another product, with essential oil blend, the person that created it had reverse of fusing, so I just bought it -- I would love to know if anyone here has tried it -- Restore natural oil blend by Lifeworks. I'll let you know how it works after a few weeks. I'm hopeful...

• Posted

tracey, thanks so much for posting this. 

I'm amazed to hear you could use a steroid for so long. I recently had a reaction after just a couple of months. Skin turned bright red and burned. Am waiting to hear if the doc thinks I should try again after not using for a couple of weeks.

Someone has posted that olive oil works for her. When I told the doc about it she said it would soothe but not heal. I tried it, but it didn't do much for me re moisturizing. Wonder if these other ingredients would have the ability to heal skin.

Please let us know how you make out!

• Posted

Tracey I fear you are right  - nothing seems to help with the fusing although when I first started using steroid it did seem to infuse a small area. I have been swabbing with borax regularly as this seems to soothe the area, but have not seen any improvement in the fusing. No one has actually said it can be 'undone' apart from with surgery which really worries me. 

• Posted

HI Beverly I think that all the freaks and potions we use help to soothe, but don't repair. I also don't agree with some ladies that moisturizing stops the fusing. I am diligent about moisturizing and have continues to fuse. No one has suggested that fusing can be reversed by anything other than surgery and that is so depresing. Having said that when I first started using steroid I believe some of my fusing unfused. Lately my steroid has made my skin very red too, but not sore. I have stopped it again and just keep on with my oestrogen and moisturizers and borax swabs. I am hoping that my last flare where everything started to shrink and fuse has slowed now - it seems to have done. I cannot say what caused that flare - it might have been a short period of stress, but that wasn't severe. I think all our potions help to soothe but none of them will repair what has already changed. I use borax as a swab, coconut oil, castor oil mixed with lavender oil, emu aid, emu oil, calendula nappy cream, aloe Vera gel!! Plus oestrogen cream 3 times a week.  Going back to GP next week. If olive oil no good for you, have you found anything else to use? 

• Posted

'Creams' not 'freaks'!!!!

• Posted

No, I haven't used anything else except my usual coconut chilled oil. Assumed I would hear from my doctor's office by now. Maybe one has to be giving birth to be on the top of the call back list. I think I may try that restore oil blend by lifeworks that tracie mentioned. The woman who came up the combination of ingredients has LS and could no longer use steroids. She claims she is reversing the fusing and her doctor is impressed with the results.

In the meantime I also have to figure out how to treat the amorphous infection. Probiotics did nothing. May have to go another round of Flagyl, but can't even do that till doc responds. I really think all docs should be available by email. Calling gets you nowhere. 

• Posted

Beverly - I think I will try Tracy's Lifeworks too. Anything is worth trying! What is your amorphous infection? I agree doctors should be on email contact. LS strikes so randomly, it would be great to have a quick connection with a doctor. Are you in UK? There is a months delay in getting to see my doctor - a lot can deteriorate in that time. Feel for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.