Revision knee replacement

Posted , 16 users are following.

I am now just over 3 weeks post op after my knee revision I now know that when they took out the old knee I had to have bone cut away as there were holes and fluid in my bones and that my bones were very soft. I was given a smiles knee and had rods put in. I am still an emotional wreck having still not had more than 3 hours sleep a night. My pain is in my calf shin and thigh, I have no energy and feel like I am not coping at all. I am taking codeine regularly and it does help for a. While. Can anyone tell me when it starts to get easier ? I am doing my exercises and putting ice on it. Yet it doesn't seem to be getting an easier. Is it normal I'm still on crutches and in so much pain ? 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi my name isTony I had a Revision in March of this year I know it’s really hard right now but just keep working it out it will get better just hank in it will feel better I know because Iam going through the same good Luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.