Rezum Pocedure...

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello fellow prostate problem sufferers. Has anyone had successful results with the Rezum precedure. It sounds good...like they all do, but what are the results with any of you? Less frequent urination? Increased flow, Sexual side effects ?

I am 72, in "reasonably" good condition....but I have to pee every 2 hours, night and day, so I NEVER get a decent nights sleep and it's ruining my life. I've tried various drugs and natural remedies with 0 success.

Any and all suggestions and comments are much appreciated

Robbie

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Robbie,

I had the procedure performed in Nov 2017.  Here is the link to what I posted. 

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/rezum-procedure-622155

In a nut shell my grade is a B+. 

Positives

no meds needed (Flomax)

getting up at night is ~1

urination flow strength - OK

not a lot of down time

no pain meds after 1 day

Negatives

retro ejaculation (75% of time) - was only supposed to be a few % possibility of occurring at all

Too early to know when and if the procedure will have to be performed again. Doctor said normally it would last 2 years

Would recommend this prior to a TURP.

Best,

Ted

• Posted

hi Ted, a B+ is definitely worth it !!  good for you ... I'm going investigate further ... have you read (i'm sure you have) the stories about the problems with Rezum?  Who really knows what works and what doesn't... such a crapshoot.

Robbie

• Posted

hi ted. how many shots did you have and did you have a large median lobe?

• Posted

7 injections and an enlarged medium lobe (would not say large per doctor)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.