rezum procedure - was told may get 12-14 shots - does this sound right

Posted , 12 users are following.

I met with a urolologist in that is on the Rezum list. Very good credentials and reviews. He discussed rezum with me and thought i'd be a candidate based on my records. however he did want to do a cystoscope and a uridynamics.

His nurse mentioned that he has done around 100 rezums.

i asked about R/E and he told me it doesnt happen, which confused me as i know its a minor chance based on the studies. he said he has done prostate twice the size of my 80 with great success. when i asked him how many shots he thought i would have and he told me 12-14. I froze. i have never heard of anyone getting that many. Has anyone else ever received that many or knows of anyone that has had that many?

thanks in advance.

0 likes, 55 replies

55 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

@WilliamUSA

Thanks for sharing your story. I am 19 days from having the procedure done. I have been having a lot of urgency issues too. Somedays are worse than others. The doc ended up putting the Foley back in several days ago, for 2 weeks.

You mention that the first two weeks you were getting up less than every two hours. Do you mind commenting how your experience with frequency evolve after two weeks? I have been a complete mess not being able to sleep. I have been taking Ambien, Lorazapam, Soloquel etc to try to force myself to sleep. The sleep issue is one of the reasons they have put me back on the Cath for two weeks.

Thanks!

• Posted

The urgency lasted for two to three months. It would get better and then regress, but the trend was upward. Sort of like the stock market.

After two weeks my sleep settled into a pattern that continues to this day. I'll sleep for 4 hours, wake and pee, sleep for 3 hours, wake and pee. If I don't need to be up, I might sleep another hour or two. Sometimes I can't get back to sleep and eat something and watch TV or read until I can sleep again. This is not ideal, but has been my "normal" pattern for the past 20 years, so I guess it's just me.

The urgency will get better and I hope your sleep does, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.