REZUM PROSTATE THERAPY - JUST HAD IT DONE

Posted , 9 users are following.

Procedure was performed at 1st Urology in Louiville, Dr. Becker, on 14 April. Good Doctor, I like him.

Here's what I've experienced so far:

Procedure completed on Friday, had a cat and it was removed the following Monday.

The procedure itself is quite painful, but only for 9 seconds at a time. Post operative main wasn't much, and I really didn't feel anything in the prostate before the local wore off (except during the procedure as mentioned).

So I have quite bloody urine with little chunks in it, and it burns to pee. I have quite a bit of urinary urgency at this time. I'm pretty confident this will all clear up after 6 - 8 weeks have passed.

I am having either dry or bloody / pussy ejaculations. I'm hoping I'm not left with dry ones, that would suck. Pleasure is definitely decreased.

I guess the dry thing is rare, but I'm hoping it will clear up. Since I sometimes get the mess, I don't think it's retrograde, I just think I'm not producing semen at this point. If anybody can enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

This is probably the best procedure to have done at this time, but I'll try and keep this updated.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Bmack500-

I'm a patient at 1st Urology with Dr Meiers. I will prob. need to have the same done in the not too distant future....VERY apprehensive about it. I would greatly appreciate it if you would update your progress as time goes by. I'm really surprised that more folks don't post here from L'ville since 1st Uro. is the only one in these parts that does this procedure that I know of.

Best of luck to you!

• Posted

Thanks, I'll do my best.

I still think this is the best thing going, but of course only time will tell.

• Posted

Hey Buddy  I hope all goes well for you.  Let hope you don't end up with retro because it can happy.  They say it is only 5% of a chance but it more like 15%.  There were a couple of men that did not want to take the chance on it so they only had the injuction on the right side.  They did not want to have any damage done to the seminal vesicles and the duct.  They are made of tissue and the steam will destroy the tissue.  My urologist just stated doing them.  And he said there is no way to avoid the seminal vesicles and duct with the steam because it goes into the whole prostate.  If I have to have it down Thats what I would do only one side.  Both men 48 and 52 had a good outcome.  Off course they were told that they would not get the full benifit of the procedure doing only one side.  But it is up to the patient what he want.  I would give yourself some to to relax before doing anything.  Let your prostate rest for a few week.  If you do not get retro you will have very little coming out because the prostate will be smaller.  Good luck and let us know what happens  Ken 

• Posted

I'm about to turn 56, and apparently I'm younger than most. It actually started quite a few years ago. In fact, at 20 years old a Doctor told me I had an enlarged prostate.

• Posted

That's what happen to me.  I had the urolift done 2 years ago and He could not get it in the prostate. That is why I had it he told me that it was the size of a lemon.  He told me in cc but I told him to tell me in english.  Now 61 he said that I have the prostate of a 40 year old. ( PSA 0.7 )  Wish I was 40.  Take care and rest  Ken 

• Posted

Hi Kenneth.... just wondering, so you had the Rezum done, or the Urolift..? Or both at different times...? 

And how are you now..?

Cheers

• Posted

Good morning Jed.  I had the UROLIFT done April of 2015.  Been doing great.  I had it done because my prostate was the size of a lemon and my doctor could not get through it to check the bladder I have a stricture just before the prostate and I have it checked ever 3 to 4 months When he did the scope to check the stricture that was fine but my prostate was fused together.  I tryed some pill for a little while and I was still forcing myself that is when he told me about the urolift.  I had 4 implants put in.  Have never felt them  Take care  Keith
  • Posted

The urgency and blood happen most of the time and you're right on schedule for those. The blood stopped for me at about week #4 and the urgency gradually decreased until at about 6 weeks was gone. I had RE at first, then it slowly came back but not all the way. I have smaller ejeculations that are often delayed by a few seconds. The burning will go away too - there are OTC meds that can help short term, but make sure to take them on a full stomach.

• Posted

Update:

The Dry / Bloody ejaculation thing seems to have cleared up overnight. I'll have to practice more with my wife for a few days to know for sure.

• Posted

Yes, things are clearing up. Less blood in urine but still there. Tons of urgency last night, still burning (not pain reliever needed level of burning) but it's a little easier to urinate.

I am fairly certain it's just going to get better and better.

• Posted

Update:

A lot of urgency lately;

Flow is a little better;

Burning is still there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.