Rezume didn't now looking at Urolift

Posted , 12 users are following.

I had Rezume procedure done in January 2019. Just had a my check up and I still have blockage and not emptying my bladder. He says options are Lazer cutting prostate or Urolift. He recommends urolift for me at this time. Looking for any problems I might have. Can't be worse than 3 ER visits after my last procedure.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I had REZUM and it didn't work 2016!

I had Aquablation May 2019 and so far its FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! I would recommend this!!!!!!

• Posted

Aquablation sounds like Rezume procedure that I had done already

• Posted

Aquablation is nothing like Rezum.

Aquablation does the same job as TURP and laser surgery without the same side effects.

I had 2 urolifts some years ago, and had aquablation in May 2019. So far so good

• Posted

I will ask my doc about that if this doesn't work, because I really don't like the side affects of TURP

• Posted

Why are you not considering other more effective procedures like hoLEP, bipolar TURP, or Greenlight ?

• Posted

We talked about the TURP and watched a video comparing the Greenlight to Urolift. The Urolift seems to be less evasive of the 3 and if this dosen't work I can go to TURP. But he says at my age 57 he recommends Urolift.

• Posted

If you have an extra 20 grad or so. I recommend fla with Dr K in Houston.

• Posted

Had urolift done 8 days ago. Was'nt emptying my bladder all the way but had no problem peeing when i had to. Since i had the procedure i havent been able to pee on my own at all. Doctor says it has to calm down and he is sure i will pee fine. I go back to see him in 3 days and am very worried. They put a catheter in me overnight and was removed in the morning but i could'nt go. It was the holiday weekend and was given the choice to put the catheter back in or use a self catheter. I chose the self catheter because the regular one was way to painfull and hard to sleep with it on. Went back to see him monday and was told to give it some time. Well like i said it is now day 8 and all i get is a couple of drips which started on day 7. Thought that was progress but my bladder has to be close to full to get that. What i want to know is has anyone went in for the urolift being able to pee and came out never being able to pee on their own again?

• Posted

Wow let me know how it goes. After the Rezume I was good for about a month then started having problems. Went to ER 3 times for re-cathater. Now I can pee but not a strong flow and I am not emptying my bladder.

• Posted

i had urolift in April and the process was mostly painless, ie not as painful as a cystoscopy and the post blood/clots cleared up quickly. Done at 10am, home by 3pm and urine running clear by 5pm. however, the results are not too good as still up 4 times nightly. This is due to the bladder losing elasticity through pushing pee through a constricted urethra for 4 years. If during a cystoscopy the urologist says the bladder is good a great result should follow.

best of luck.

• Posted

Doc says my bladder appears to be in good shape. Hopefully mine will as good as yours.

• Posted

I did well with HoLAP. All I can say from reading this website is that Urolift seems to have the highest failure rate of any of the procedures available.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.