Rib Cage Tightness anxiety symptom

Posted , 6 users are following.

I knew I had anxiety before but I'm having symptoms I've never had before and didn't know it was from anxiety until I did research. I have had a knot that hurt come up along my spine in my lower back which I had a long time ago and had it checked out and it was just a muscle knot. It subsided eventually. I've been stressed out over personal issues lately and noticed it came back but not on there but another area of my spine and one on 2 ribs on each side of my chest that bugged me when I'd try to sleep on my stomach . Then a couple days ago I did get extra stressed and all of a sudden I had horrible pressure and a tingling sensation in my lower ribs on both sides that hurt. So I start getting scared and it got worse. It would get better sometimes and then worse again. I've been researching trying to get an idea what this could be. I came across a few possibilities but Rib Cage Tightness Anxiety Symptoms fits what I have perfectly. Has anyone else had this symptom of anxiety?

2 likes, 111 replies

111 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I have a terrible tighteness in my ribs in the front. It feels like a belt tightening. I do my belly breathing slowly and that helps.

Mine runs right across where my bra is in the front. The more relaxed I get it goes away, only to return when I feel anxiety coming on.

• Posted

My bras have underwire. The minute I take off the bra, i get relief. Bras without the wire don't work, so I only wear one when I have to. Have no idea if this helps either of you.biggrin

• Posted

I wear one that is flexible and no underwire. It can happen even without a,bra though but I do get relief most of the time when it's off.

• Posted

How come men with man boobs aren't expected to wear a bra? They get to just let them flap around.

• Posted

I was being very serious about getting the bra off working for me when my ribs hurt. I hate to wear one anymore.
    • Posted

I agree, it helps me in the ribs but I have very dense heavy breasts so it gives me other issues. It seems it's always something.

• Posted

My breasts have gone so far south I need to haul them up to put a belt on. This is meant to be humorous, however, it is also true. I do rememer when a salesgirl told me I had perky ones. Ahhh, memories.

Let me know what works for you.

• Posted

Lol, mine are like that too!!! I have another bra I bought a,while back that is barely there. I need to see how that works because it was looser around the ribs
    • Posted

I'm going to try it cos it's just below the bra line where I feel the ache.  Simple tricks often work

• Posted

I'm going to be boastful! I'm 69 and don't need a bra.....had double mastectomies in 2008, and very pert reconstructions in 2010, so from tomorrow........

• Posted

I've got several Wonder Bra's

Not being overly endowed I'm still wondering what to put in them

My knees?

Stephen's unmentionables?

So ladies, with all the bra sizing how come they don't do an Egg Cup size?

• Posted

Hey, I could hang 'em up and put my onions in them,...like the French do!

• Posted

Lol! There ya go.....another convert into the fold!
    • Posted

Cos their man boobs are usually "sitting" on a big belly, that's why. The much inflated belly stops the boobies from sinking to their knees. Which for them is a blessing cos it prevents them getting nipple scraping of the patella

• Posted

I beg your pardon!!!! It was the summer of 1850. I was still a girl.
    • Posted

You will always be a girl, dear Cia. You're beautiful heart keeps you young

• Posted

Oh my god.....Here I am in the middle of the night here, practically with my head on the table for lack of sleep, and there are you lot!!! I'm not kidding when I say I laughed until I couldn't catch my breath.

The military say one is to say the pledge of allegience with the hand over the heart, meaning, in their words, your little finger should be on the nipple of the left breast. The lady standing next to me when we received this instruction promptly slid her hand down to her waist. Only we ladies thought that was funny.

• Posted

OMG! CIA! I just lost my coffee all down my chin and my practically non-existant boobies!
    • Posted

For being unmentionables, we certainly mention them a great deal. Oh the thought of Stephen reading these comments.

We could write a comedy just on those unmentionables.

And speaking of bras...did you all get a training bra? I always wondered what I was supposed to be training them to do....never did figure that out as a tweeny, and didn't want to sound stupid by asking someone. I peered at a lot of sweater fronts wondering what their boobs knew how to do that mine didn't.

• Posted

Training bra? Huh? I come from the age of a Liberty Bodice!

Yup, remember training bras. Mine was training me not to be disappointed that my boobies were never going to amount to muchcry

• Posted

Awwwww Helen, I wish I could give you a big hug and a smoochie on the cheek.
    • Posted

When we all perish at the same time, and people ask what did a group of forum members die of.....the answer will be...each other!!
    • Posted

YEAH, but we'll all have died laughing. Not a bad way to go, And at least in Heaven we will be surrounded by like- minded, decent, big hearted folks! Hey, and just think...we can compare boobies!

• Posted

Mine are no huge but the are so damn heavy like they have lead in them!!! When I take my bra,off they hit my top two ribs and creates an irritating feeling. I wish I could just have them scooped out and replaced with cotton or something light!
    • Posted

one of my sisters has huge boobies and the rest of her is small and dainty! She must have got my share by mistake...knowing her she probably shoved me out of the way,,,,I do know she has a lot of rib and back pain from lugging those fella's round all day.

• Posted

Lol, my sisters are bigger but mine are heavier, I'd really rather have a A cup!!!

• Posted

Well all I can say is it's just as well my head cannot swivel round or I wouldn't be able to tell my back from my front...I distinctly recall my youngest son playing in the garden one hot summer day in only shorts and nothing else. Just toddlers then. Reaching his arm round his back to scratch his  back. Naturally his shoulder blades jutted out. His face crumpled in distress as he wailed, in fear, " Mummy! Mummy! I got shoulder boobies! "

• Posted

As long as I don't have to wear a bra...they must be in the other place along with the guy (had to be a man) who invented them.

• Posted

Probably the same sadist that invented the mammograms
    • Posted

Oh please don't say that Diane....I'm alive because I went for my mammogram. I had no pain or lumps, but the cancer was there. I know they cause a lot of discomfort, even pain, but please do go for them

• Posted

Oh I get them but they are like medieval torture for me. I hAve very cystic breasts that he had to have multiple aspirations, two lumps removed and sone other crystal kind of things as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.