Riding a bike....

Posted , 17 users are following.

Is anyone able to ride a bike or found a way to make it more comfortable? I live on the canal and my bike is invaluable for getting about when I’m moored further from the car but using it this week has left me in agony! I’ve only been on it for 5 mins morning and night and most the time out the saddle- this disease can be so dibilitating and not easy to explain that you can’t go out because you just need to lie with your legs open, smother your lady garden in cream and take the strongest painkillers you have to hand!! 

At least we have this place to have a rant and share what helps! 🙏

3 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

Hi looks like I have developed it after riding bikes during pandemic that &dry skin I've ignored. I have 3 now changed to upright bikes but last mo got out an old mens bike tried it 1x got the tears &sores. ouch. Sold the bike. I have a gel seat cover but string ggv broke must buy another. I have bike pants w a pad but they dont fit so I nd to lose 40# so=ride bikes! right? oh my. issues! I'm gonna try OO &buy Emuaid creme I saw an ad gonna order it n try it. Will post review here. Going to buy another gel seat cover then may try seat for prostrate as suggested thx girls!! xx jamb

• Posted

love my hobson easyseat. no more tearing or intense pain after riding. im so happy to be able to ride again. others ive heard of are spongywonder or spiderflex, but havent tried those. I used to tear and bleed every bikeride. not any more. So grateful!

• Edited

I feel your pain! I read someone bought a Hobson easyseat, so i tried one. Im so happy i did! i can ride my bike again! I have no pain after a ride now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.