Riding the storm of an anxiety blip

Posted , 16 users are following.

For all of you suffering at the minute you will get through this, i am currently having to repeat this to myself...it will pass again. My last dealings with anxiety was 6 years ago and I mean I've had nothing for all that time. So when my anxiety reared its ugly head recently after what has been a particularly difficult year so far with family loss and illness I freaked out. All the work and coping mechanisms I'd learnt seemed a million miles away and I just didn't know how to deal with it again. My anxiety always manifests with pure panic, palpitations, nausea/ vomiting, a cycle of fight or flight symptoms basically. I can't seem to stop the over thinking again and that horrible sense of doom. I know deep down I can do this as I've done it before but isn't it just utter crap feeling like this. Debilitating is the perfect word for what we go through. Anyone out there that's making the journey through an anxiety relapse?

7 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sarah, another thing is to repeat to yourself... I will think about this later. Right now i have something to do. I will come back to this later. Just to try to get those horrible thoughts out of your head. Even temporarily to ease the pain.

• Posted

Sarah, ive been on 225mg for 7 weeks and my anxiety has returned in the mornings the last week , i thought i was turning the corner so disappointed to say the least, it's debilitating , so hard to get through the days , shall I just carry on ?

• Posted

Julie you can do this. morning anxiety is always the last to go. i find i wake up and think oh do i feel anxious, have i got to go to the toilet is my heart racing. i have to get up and do things. its the best way to conquer it

• Edited

So I thought I'd check in with you all. I have had at least a week of feeling well but as we know recovery is cruel and can lead us into a false sense of security and I've gone back into it. Felt a bit off over the weekend but as usual tried to push through and today I'm right back into the fight or flight mode. Nauseas, vomiting and every thing else that goes with that. Unable to eat or keep anything down. I've read back through all of my positive messages to you all, why is it when I hit rock bottom I can't believe my own words of comfort. I really hope you're all doing ok. I've been in tears today thinking about how much of a burden I am to my family when I'm like this. I miss me. S

• Posted

Been there myself its torture, the amount of times I have thought that aswell, your mind is saying these things when we aren't well, im praying also that 7 weeks on 225mg vensirxl still going trying to hold it together on diazepam that my next few weeks will get me into recovery

• Edited

hi Elizabeth, anxiety i hate this word .... I'm currently taking venlafaxine 225mg, I've been through hell , im quite knowledgeable on antidepressants and the way the brain works but I have to say get help before it manifests . You need help get it by your dr don't suffer any longer its such a debilitating feeling anxiety is. Be kind to yourself and seek advice.

• Posted

hi,

I have went back to my GP and they have changed my medication.

She has took me off Setraline and put me on Fluxotine. I gave only been on it a week so i gave to give it time.

I have asked on several occasions to have diazepam, not to take it everyday but for when i really need it. My GP won't give me it, she says its addictive and its not tge way to go.

Yesterday was a bad day and i think i could benefit from diazepam to help calm me down.

I feel like im getting nowhere with mt GP

• Posted

me too, im 8 weeks in on 225mg vensirxl, having still anxiety from when i wake up , im praying for relief soon . Its all to consuming takes over your thinking all day, on 2.5mg diazepam to get me through this.

• Posted

Anxiety is so awful, one day good one day bad. I'm still not able to eat anything apart from the odd cracker. Its been 11 days like this. Anxious about having diarrhoea. Fell hungry but no appetite. Some times it doesn't bother me but i feel numb. Wondering if going back to work will help. I guess it's been tough the last 2 days as it's been so hot to do anything. Lets hope we beat it soon

• Posted

Hi Joanne,

Sometimes eating will help reduce the anxiety. Not meaning it is a cure, but some of your anxiety could be coming from lack of nutrition. I forced myself to eat at least close to what I would normally eat and I did feel a little better. I couldn't really taste or enjoy my food but I ate anyway. This should also help with nausea.

As for going back to work, it's a tough call. Back when I had my first, and worst, attack I went to work every day and it helped me through the day because I was concentrating on my work. At night I was back to sweating and pacing again but at least I felt better during the day.

Hope you all feel better very soon. And you will.

• Posted

hi, do you have any diazepam to calm you body down at least to baseline, plesse try to eat little and often, im hoping soon for you that you can get the correct meds for your anxiety, keep going you are doing well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.