Right bundle branch block palpitation heart

Posted , 32 users are following.

Hi for 3 weeks ive had palpitations. Scared so went to the drs to check. Took ecg and came back with right bundle branch block. Heard its not serious tho but danh the palpitations or heart fluttering bothers me so much at night its so hard for me fo fall asleep. Saw online forum abt RBBB but none post abt their symptoms abt palpitations. Im scared. I hope theres something that can done for the palpitations. I need sleep :'( anyone like me? Let me know

3 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Do you think the palpitations are due to feeling anxious??? Do you take any meds for anxiety
    • Posted

I am not sure bc i can feel the palpitations everytime but it doesnt bothers me so much as compared to at night... im seeing the cardiologist soon... hope my heart is healthy despite the irregular heartbeat tt i have 😊

• Posted

My dad had a right bundle branch block and it never caused him any problems. He lived with it for many years, probably 50 years.  He passed away not from that but from natural causes in his late 80s.  He was a runner, and very active.  Just get your doctors ok like he did for things like that. 

You will be just fine 😁👍??

• Posted

i am also a little worried. recently my cardiologist pick up on the ECG that i have RBBB. i have no syptoms. can i still do my normal walking of 3 kilometers 3 times a week?

my cardiologist did say i must not worry about it

• Posted

The palpitations can be due from anxiety. Do things that relax yourself. Listen to meditations for anxiety on YouTube.  they totally calm down my mind and body and symptoms.  Don’t think about negative things because the palpitations will get worse.

Listen to a short meditation on breathing that will help you get control over anxiety.

its called “Mindfulness breathing Guided meditation 10 minutes “ on you tube. 

there are many meditations on YouTube for anxiety, breathing,  panic etc. 

you will start to feel your heart rate slowing down a little and you’ll feel so much better! Do these often. 

• Posted

Amirah,

I too have been diagnosed with RBBB. Just today in fact. I have had palpitations for the last 3 days. Went to urgent care this morning and after having an ekg was told I had RBBB. I am being referred to a cardiologist. I have severe anxiety and hypochondria so this is totally freaking me out! I have been crying off and on all day. I'm scared that there might be something seriously wrong with my heart. I have 3 children and am scared to death that something might happen to me and that they will be devastated. I'm hoping that everything turned out ok for you and that you're doing well. Please give an update and let us know what you found out from your cardiologist.

Thanks!

Lori

• Posted

Hi, just saw your reply and wanted to ask how you were doing?!! I know the feeling because I have 3 kids and they are really young!!! And I am still waiting to get the echocardiogram done to see what it really is that causing the abnormal EKG. Hope everything is just fine with you....
    • Posted

hi its been a year now. 11 months symptoms free. but still dont really know what exactly happened to me 😄 but long as im good. i hope all of yall are doing great!! ❤️

• Posted

hello! im 19 and just got diagnosed as well did everything turn out ok? i have 2 kids too

• Posted

BBB is pretty common. my dad had it for decades with no problems at all.

When trying to sleep, it really helps me to listen to meditations on you tube for anxiety, or sleep, etc.  

A great one that will relax you and calm down your heart rate is called Mindfulness breathing Guided meditation 10 minutes.    It helps you gain control and focus. It will take your mind off of your heart so you can relax and sleep. 

there are many meditations to choose from and I usually fall asleep when listening because they’re so relaxing. 

they also have nature sounds like the ocean, rain, forest etc. plus very relaxing sleep music. Check them out! When you relax your mind, symptoms will relax or go. You’re going to be fine! 😁

• Posted

Listen dear. I get constant palpitations at times too and I had an EKG done a while back that said Right Bundle Branch Block. I wanted to get to the bottom of this and figure out what that meant and what caused it. The cardiologist notified me that its actually really common for the machines to spew out Right Bundle Branch Block and that the cause of it is actually normal. When the machines spew out the Right Bundle Branch Block the cardiologist or doctors look at the QRS number on the EKG and if that is 120 and below then they are not concerned at all. I believe you constantly thinking about your heart palpitations is causing more anxiety for you which is causing more stress and that is releasing more cortisol into your body which is overacting your hormones which triggers your flight or fight response and that will cause your palpitations. Remember this.. MAJORITY OF THE TIME PALPITATIONS ARE NOT SERIOUS UNLESS ACCOMPANIED WITH FAINTING, NAUSEA, DIZZINESS, LIGHTHEADEDNESS, OR IF YOUR HEART RATE AT REST JUMPS TO LETS SAY 160-200 BEATS PER MINUTE. Those circumstances due warrant a trip to a doctor but I am a firm believer that your anxiety is triggering your palpitations and you constantly thinking about them and worrying about them which is causing you to be more aware of your heart beat. 
    • Posted

Doctor told me I have Rbbb and I was at the dentist getting wisdom tooth out and fixing. Cavities , I was having. Rbbb symptoms and I got anxiety attack and felt like I couldn't swallow properly due to anesthesia and that what made me worried too much and got so anxious. My legs were shaking and I ended up in ER with anxiety pills and doctor recommended Me to see a cardiologist. Now I'm scared to go to a dentist. I feel left chest pain, sensation all day it doesn't go away. I'm 34, I have neck pain all day due to car accident and I don't sleep well and now this. Ayuda por favor.

• Posted

Do a follow up with a cardiologist, and I know first hand that anxiety makes things 1000 times worse!!! I too was at the dentist's office for an extraction and freaked out but before the procedure!!! I rescheduled but I dont know of I can do it!! What kind of anesthetic did the dentist use?

• Posted

thanks for the reply!! yeah i really hope its just anxiety. but rest assure i had 11 months symptoms free, but yesterday i felt the palp again tried not to panic. anyways sorry for e late reply i kindda forgot i actually posted this story in the forum 😅

• Posted

my dentist gave me a pill half an hour before to relax me before giving me anything else.

• Posted

I also have incomplete rbbb and a hiatial hernia which can also cause pvc's or skipped beats. I am worried about them every day - all day. Sometime take klonapin for anxiety. Sometimes helps and sometimes does not. Am constantly afraid of the skipped beats. Any advise would be helpful. Thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.