Right bundle branch block palpitation heart

Posted , 32 users are following.

Hi for 3 weeks ive had palpitations. Scared so went to the drs to check. Took ecg and came back with right bundle branch block. Heard its not serious tho but danh the palpitations or heart fluttering bothers me so much at night its so hard for me fo fall asleep. Saw online forum abt RBBB but none post abt their symptoms abt palpitations. Im scared. I hope theres something that can done for the palpitations. I need sleep :'( anyone like me? Let me know

3 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I know this original post is from a while ago, but how are you doing?

I'm 31 years old and about 6 months ago, I was having some shortness of breath and heart palpitations and started to really freak out so I decided to go to the ER to see if I had a heart problem. They did an EKG and said I have RBBB then followed up with a few tests (d dimer test to see if I had a blood clot, which I did not have..and then an ultrasound of the heart which checked out normal). My blood oxygen levels and blood pressure were also normal. The ER referred me to a Cardiologist who did another ultrasound and then an MRI of the heart. He said the structure of the heart looked fine, but to this day they haven't really been able to tell me why I was having some shortness of breath and palpitations. My Cardiologist basically said I have nothing to worry about bc the structure of my heart looks fine, but here I am still worried that something is wrong and they just missed it. Any thoughts?

• Posted

Hi Sara,

Same here with me. D-dimer was abnormal was sent to ER for CT Scan & Echo, both NEG. I am 20 days into post Covid so today cardiologist said it is a thing with cardiac covid but because this is all new still, they're still researching. I have a holter monitor on for the day, but I believe its been anxiety related also. Why today I've felt no palpitations. idk. Hope you're ok & was wondering if you had covid too?

• Posted

I also have rbbb diagnosed about 3 years ago. However, I have had the skipped beats for more than 15 years - some days not bad and others all day. Go figure. I have a rx for klonopin anti-anxiety med and it does seem to calm me down a little. Also afraid on getting dependent on klonopin. I think my fear is that I'm going to die from these even though the doctor says that the pvc's are not serious. They seem serious to me. I'm so happy that I found this forum bacause and friends and kids are getting sick of hearing my story. Hope you feel better. Keep in touch.

• Edited

Amira. Did you get a diagnosis that RBB is causing the palpitations? I has palpitations for a few weeks and was diagnosed with RBB but it had nothing to do with it. It was down to anxiety. once i got my anxiety under control they completely went away.

RBB is very common and almost always innocuous. Millions of people have it and will never know. Im sure you've been told its LBB that they care about.

• Posted

Hi,

How did you get your anxiety under control? I can't seem to accomplish that. Seems that I have a health anxiety that I can't overcome. Thank you

• Posted

Hello Rody,

I also have health anxiety and it is very hard to deal with on a daily basis. it has gotten 1 million times worse since having kids. Someone dear to me told me something that really put it into perspective for me, 'noone wants to die, worrying about dying stops you from living' . that one statement has changed a lot about my anxiety because what is life if you’re spending every day worrying about when you’re gonna die, you know? we’re worried about these palpitations and an astroid could just wipe out Earth tomorrow.

Having heart palpitations or RBBB can lead you to a horrible panic attack because you just feel impending doom and you can’t press a button and get the palpitations to stop but there are some things that you can do to calm yourself. Splash cold water on your face, sensory, sensory sensory... Drink something cold, put your head in the freezer, step outside.

if you have Relentless anxiety, you may need to be put on meds but look at the side effects of the meds and be sure to tell your psychiatrist about the palpitations so they prescribe you something that doesnt have horrible side effects.

See a cardiologist and see what measures you can take and|or if anything needs to be done about it but I have seen two and when this is presented and healthy individual they seem to have no concern for it.

I hope you feel better.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with rbbb but had palpitations before that diagnosis. Had them checked several times and they call them pvc's. I sometimes have them for a week straight all day every day. I wish I could give you some answers but I don't have any at the present time. I am told that they are not serious but that doesn't comfort me when I am having them. I also have anxiety and I know that that will contribute to the pvcs. I have been prescribed the anti-anxiety med klonopin and it does help by taking the anxiety away. Hope you feel better. I fully understand.

• Posted

Has anyone heard about taking magnesium for pvc's? Some say it helps but I haven't tried it.

• Posted

Hello,

Is anyone still on this thread?

I have had RBBB for maybe six years... it’s so weird because sometimes it’s on the ECG and sometimes the leads dont pick it up... I found out about it during an ER trip when I was maybe 18, 6 years ago.

It is no doubt that anxiety can for sure make it worse. I saw two separate cardiologists for this, the first cardiologist put me on this bulky heart

monitor that had tons of wires that I had to wear for a week, he also gave me a cardiac ultrasound. nothing much ended up really coming from the appointment he gave me like one prescription of beta blockers and sent me on my way.

This past year, I was having problems with the fluttering again and saw a different cardiologist... he was much more interested in relieving my anxiety. He sent me for cardiac MRI, gave me patches to wear that would monitor my heart for a week (they sent him a report without having to wear some bulky machine) he did a heart ultrasound and stress test.

he made me feel very comfortable and told me that RBBB can be very common he said it is seen in really healthy individuals and it could be something that you were born with and just don’t ever know about it....

I asked him if I would need surgery or possibly a pacemaker and he told me 'No' that he wants me to come in yearly to get check-ups but he told me sometimes it can take decades to progress into some thing more worrisome... (knock on wood)

he did tell me that I should get my anxiety under control because anxiety can contribute to heart palpitations which is not good... it’s also very hard to find an anxiety med that does not interfere with the rhythm of your heart because a lot of them cause fast heart rate. This may make your anxiety worse.

I also saw another comment on the thread that RBBB can basically be misdiagnosed due to a small difference in the electricity, I was told this by my cardiologist as well, sometimes the electricity will be a tad bit off and the machine will automatically note a RBBB though sometimes it is not always the case.

Overall the second cardiologist had no real concerns after doing all of my test and he basically told me that you can live a fulfilling life, he told me to stay fit, exercise daily, dont do drugs!!!

• Posted

I also have RBBB and get palpitations at night I don’t know if I’m getting them during the day and just don’t focus on it and it’s more presentable at night because I’m laying down with nothing to do but it is very uncomfortable and it’s hard not to take it to a panic attack because you can literally feel it beating like it’s jumping on a trampoline....

I have seen two cardiologists and they just haven’t Seemed too concerned about it and said that it’s common and one in 100 people have it.

Palpitations have to run their course there’s nothing you can do to just stop it in its tracks but get your mind off of it just try to do something calming like maybe a coloring book or meditation dip your hands in Coldwater put your face in Cold water... don’t entertain negative thoughts because it can lead to a panic attack and will make it 1 million times worse.

please let me know if you see this message if you have gone to the doctor and what they told you...

Best Wishes

• Posted

Me to, i am having palpitations... I did not have may echo yet due to financial deficit.

But i thanked this forum it encourages me alot.

• Posted

Just went to the hospital yesterday cause ive been having pain in my heart and turns out i too have Incomplete RBBB. im 23 and very healthy but i cant tell you how much it helped me finding this form and everyone being in the same boat. i have bad anxiety and i havent slept in days because im honestly so scared that this is gonna kill me. the doctor said to me that its nothing to worry about at all and isnt harmful. i did test positive for covid and he said that explains why my heart and chest have been hurting. i had blood work and xrays done and everything is normal. it makes me feel better everyone here is hearing the same thing its not a big deal but i just cant get over how scared i am about this and dont know what to do, just worried about it and cant stop thinking im gonna did no matter how much the doctor reassures me im okay im assuming thats where my anxiety comes in. If anyone has any updates please let me know this really did make me feel alot better.

• Posted

I do not care if this thread is 10 years old. Finding this thread was a tremendous relief and brought tears to my eyes. I was a Cardiac Care Nurse, and I know that this is not going to kill me, but damn if it doesn't feel that way.

I too, am begging for something to help me sleep. The best I can accomplish is a compromise when I lay there with my eyes closed to rest my body at least and I think I may drift off occasionally.

The precipitating event was EXTREME workplace stress, which is behind me now, but this anxiety sticks and makes me feel hot flashes, so I connected I instantly to putting my head in the freezer. lol Last night, I got better rest because I slept with a cold, damp towel and did a meditation to let go of my fears and be present in each breath. It helped, but then I had bradycardia all day.

But I want to thank you all who have posted here for giving me some relief in sharing how you suffer with this discomfort. It was beginning to go to my head. I would like to get back on Lexapro, but I need to hear from my cardiologist.

Thanks again, and bless you all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.