Right foot friday morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i go in the 6am for my right foot and im a lil bit scared and worried i wont want to have the left one done in 6 weeks I took tonight off so I can sleep but dont think i will sleep very much

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck I'm sure you'll be fine you might not sleep well tonight but you will tomorrow with a couple of co-codamol to help you on your way.  Dream of pretty sandals !!!!
  • Posted

Hi you will be fine, I had my left foot done just over two weeks ago, The operation itself was fine and I had very little pain in the days following, I was kept in overnight but that was mostly because my operation did not happen until 3 o'clock in the afternoon and I felt a little nauseous from the anaesthetic. I am able to get around the house reasonably well with my Velcro sandal and as long as I keep my foot elevated for much of the day and rest I have very few problems with swelling. Try to get some sleep and I hope it all goes well for you ,good luck
    • Posted

Thank you so much for you kind replay btw were you able to walk on foot right away
    • Posted

Hi, you might be having your foot operated on right now, so when you read this hope all went well for you.  Now your home just relax with all your books, films, or whatever you have interest in because from now on your on a sitting holiday at home.  You won't be able to walk on your foot for about a week, and then slowly put weight on it.  Hooe you have someone at home to help, or they give you crutches to walk to loo and bed.  It does slowly get better.
    • Posted

Hi, I was able to walk on my foot in the Velcro sandal with support of crutches straight away and in fact I was encouraged to do so before I was discharged, but for the first few days just  as absolutely necessary for visits to the bathroom etc , you need to rest your foot and keep it elevated for most of the time.
    • Posted

Well everything went well droping of my scrip and heading home not much pain cause i was giving an ankel block was surpused i c as nt drive for a month
    • Posted

Start taking the cocodimol as the ankle blocker will wear off in 24 hours. Do you have crutches?  Good luck with the recovery.  If you have auto car then you can driver earlier.
    • Posted

I do have auto but dr said no driving for 30 days ifk why no crutches but dr said only on feet to ho to bathroom and bk
    • Posted

I didn't get crutches either, but luckily I had a walking frame and that kept my balance when I hoped in first week.   How they expect us to manage I really don't know!  I ended up buying a wheelchair it was so difficult to walk in first three or four weeks!  I guess it does depend on your fitness and possibly age.  Let us know how yiu get on.
    • Posted

My boyfriend went to pick up.my meds Pharmacy sub system is down or something they said they couldn't forget how they bill me for the medication meanwhile I'm in pain feels like someone cut my foot.off so i was like why dont you call the ins copany
    • Posted

Oh dear I remember that well.  Hooe you get the pain killers soon.  It does get better.
    • Posted

Got my meds after I finally called the pharmacy to find out what the problem was she told her system was down it could not communicate with my insurance company to find out what the price to so I asked so I just had surgery and I'm in pain is there any way you can pick up the phone and call the insurance company and she said Oh yes maybe I can do.that let me try called me bk.5 mins later 6,56 can pick up at any time

• Posted

You writing about pharmacy and insurance company.  I'm from UK and we have government run NHS. Just interested, biggrin
    • Posted

the reason I was a little upset was that the pharmacist herself kept saying well our system is down we cannot communicate with your insurance company through the computer I had to tell her can't you call the insurance company what did we do before computers
    • Posted

Yes, some people just can't work things out, you'd think they'd be a bit more savvy working in a pharmacist!  Anyway how's the pain going now, do you have co codomol they make you relaxed too?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.