Right foot friday morning

Posted , 6 users are following.

So i go in the 6am for my right foot and im a lil bit scared and worried i wont want to have the left one done in 6 weeks I took tonight off so I can sleep but dont think i will sleep very much

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you get the heel weight bearing Velcro sandal, that has been a huge help for me and means I don't have to hop anywhere, glad to hear it went well, have a good rest tonight and for the next few days.
    • Posted

I know the wedge heel helps weight earring but it made my back ache because of the different walking heights!  When you've rested for a few days try to wear an equal sized heel on the other foot.  Make sure you keep your foot raised, they say above your heart) and the pain will not be so bad.
  • Posted

Hope all is going well for you so far. Elevate, elevate, elevate, and make sure to take those pain meds and you'll do great. Let us know how you are in the days to come!
    • Posted

I know its been less then a day no crutches just a velcro sandle in bed with my wedge pillow and ice pack taking meds like i shoulf i now understand why my dr would not do both feet at once i find it very difficult to get to the bathroom even with the shoe and have been known to crawl.on my knees wish the ankel. Block.lasted longer
    • Posted

My sympathy, it's horrid being so incapacitated.  Get someone to find you a basic walking frame, or crutches tho not so good as your a bit wobble the first week.  Over there I've heard some people get a knee walker, and find that good.  It's not too late to get help as you'll need them for a few weeks or so.
    • Posted

Maybe you should still get some crutches to use, unless your surgeon specifically wants you to be walking on the foot. Crutches aren't that great, but it's a lot easier than crawling.
  • Posted

I can't believe you have no crutches, someone must have some to lend you.  In UK you wouldn't be allowed home without them.  It will give you the aid you need.  Beg steal or borrow. 
  • Posted

When the block worked off for me it was extremely painful, I actually rang my surgeon who doubled my dose, I only needed this for 48 hours then  paracetamol alone was enough. Hang in there nit does get better.

• Posted

Went almost whole day yesterday with out taking pain pills had to run a few errands today bank Corner Store was gone maybe an hour at the most and my boyfriend have your own me to the bank I'm going to my doctors office to drop off some paperwork corner store to pick up some ibuprofen and water but now my foot is burning throbbing and it's pretty much a swallow it was on they want an think I did too much too soon
    • Posted

Yep you definitely did too much too soon, I didn't get out for over week and that was in a wheel chair with a raised leg.  The throbbing means you need to keep your foot raised, they say higher than heart but I found at least higher than the hips.  You will recover quicker if you listen to your foot.  Slow down!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.