Right lower abdo pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been suffering recently from lower right sided abdominal pains that are also in my groin in the same side I have been in hospital to rule out appendicitis but the pain is still really bad does any one have any ideas what it could be? I have gastroparesis but my nausea and vomiting has been increased recently 

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Could be blockage in your intestines. Have them check that. Sounds bad or a cat scan or MRI. It's the only way to see the problem. Good Luck

• Posted

For full blockage you wouldn't have much time and excruciating pain.

No ER could send you home.

My girl had excruciating lower abdominal pain, vomiting, nausea and no MRI was done.

Luckily was no total obstruction. Sometimes ERs take it a bit too easy.

Well maybe palpitating the sore area gives enough clues if it could be obstruction or not.

There are also partial and functional obstructions possible and the most important is to be well hydrated.

Yes, I hope they check for it, but if they can't find a

cyst,

an obstruction, or

inflamed appendix,

ou will have a long way to go.

Of course those need to be excluded first! (we even had diagnostic lap with appendix removal)

There are symptoms like pelvic congestion possible.

Arterial compressions and/or vein reflux can cause pain.

(We are waiting till december to finally get a sonographer on another continent!, who knows how to scan for ileocecal artery, pelvic congestion and nutcracker syndrome)

But so can ureter spasm. (LPHS, loin pain haematuria syndrome. Don't get brushed off quickly, some people have no haematuria. If you had some UTI like symptoms without bacteria growth, LPHS is a very hot tip. Unfortunately the treatment huge, transplanting own kidney to new spot to remove ureter)

• Posted

We gat meds that can help you in your pain and other abdominal disorders. We are here to help you
  • Posted

Check out for blockage. Even the littlest blockage can cause severe nausea and vomiting. I really don't like the numbers game that Drs do. I've been told that too. But he persistent. Ask questions. Vigilance is everything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.