Right rib pain

Posted , 11 users are following.

Had first consultancy yesterday feel like was a waste of time. They said they will operate if that's what I want. I don't want an operation as I have managed to control the stomach pains from eating fatty food, it is the ache in my right lower rib cage and back that is hurting more. Doc says he can't answer what the pain/ache is and that having gall bladder out may not solve the issue. He wouldn't scan the area as said could cause further issues. Basically just told to go home and wait on the waiting list and he would see me next time on day of my op. So now I have to decide whether to have op or not even though I'm not in stomach pain, but I am unsure if the rib pain is linked. No one I've seen seems to understand what I'm saying to them. I just feel really down with it all.

Thanks

1 like, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi victoria, that sounds awfull, as if the pain isnt bad enough on the right side, i also have pain in my right side, and it feels the same as the pain i get on the left side all that i can think is that this is referred pain, as i had a ct scan after the gallstone was found and there was nothing in that area, apart from this i have no idea what it could be, but i have read other posts on here where people complain of right side pain, that they think is linked to their gallbladder.  Take care.
  • Posted

Hi, right side rib pain is classic gallbladder pain as I have been told and I get it with my gallstones, more like a brusied achy feel.

• Posted

Hi

I went yesterday to see consultant too .

He told me I don't have to have my gallbladder out it is my choice but it is the only way to remove my symptoms as the pains I have. He was very good telling me what could go wrong blah blah blah ... And it is down to my choice but also explaiing it us the only way to relieve My symptoms

• Posted

Yes he told me plenty of what could go wrong. I have rebooked to see my old doctor in two weeks and I will ask for a re-referral. I know I will have to wait all over again but I just want peace of mind.
  • Posted

Sorry forgot to say - pain under right run and in shoulder area x
  • Posted

Hi Victoria, it does sound like gallbladder problem. What a nice doctor(not) really unsympathetic. You must go back and state that you WANT an  ultra sound to check whats going on in that area. Try not to worry, because if the gallbladder is acting up it is better that it is removed, because if left it will over time, make you feel more and more poorly. If needs be  just tell them the pain is getting worse (even if it isn't) that will usually make them do something, like send you for a scan.

• Posted

I have just spent 18 hours in agony with stomach pain (first time). When I discussed my rib and back pain doctor basically ignored it. Apparently nothing presented as gab pain but I feel different. He says wait for next flare up.
    • Posted

Hi, Pauline,

Please don't wait for another flare up!  I suggest you get a referral from your gp to a gastroenterologist so you can get diagnosed and treated...the doctor you saw is gambling with your health.   Gallbladder trouble is often painful, but even when you're not in pain the tests will indicate what's wrong! xx 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.