ro-Lift surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi,

I had Uro-Lift surgery just over a year ago & man do I regret that decision. It has completely ruined my sex life and rendered erections impossible.

Sure, I can p**s now, though not as well as expected, but before surgery I had to self-cath just to have relief.

I was told & assured that the Uro-Lift procedure would not affect sexual function. BULLSHIT! In addition, after doing a lot of self research prior to surgery, I was told that I would be able to come off the meds (Rapaflo & Jalyn) post surgery. My urologist still has me on Jalyn. I'm deflated & feel useless.

Has anyone else had regrets after choosing to have Uro-Lift surgery?

My sex life is (and has been) non-existent since my surgery because I cannot achieve an erection. It has majorly affected my relationship and I am quite angry at myself for believing the hype that Uro-Lift surgery would not affect sexual function. Plus I have become quite depressed and that has led to weight gain & an avoidance of any type of sexual encounter,

I truly wish I could turn back time, but I can't.  I'm 53 years old & feeling worthless & useless as a man trying to accept that my sex life is over.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am so sad to hear this and my heart goes out to you. I had the FLA with Dr. Karamanian 13 months ago and i had no sexual issues. I also have had about 20 men follow me and they have not had sexual issues. I don't know if you can get that thing out of you and have a FLA or what? 

I really wish I could get an answer that would help you. I am so sorry. I looked into all the procedures because that was all I wanted was relief with no sexual side effects and we all know what the Urologist try and say. i found the Interventional Radiologist to be much more sympathetic and much more talented with both PAE and FLA.

• Posted

Thanks for the kind words!

I’m not familiar with PAE or FLA. I’ll have to look those up.  I appreciate the suggestions!

Den

• Posted

So has a uro given you an explanation for the ED? Maybe one of the tie backs damaged you nerve bundle? Maybe the the compressed prostate tissue is pinching off the nerves? 
  • Posted

Hi Den,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are having, hopefully you will get that resolved.  That is the first time I heard that the Urolift procedure caused that issue.  Unfortunately, their are rare risks with any procedure.  I am having the Urolift procedure done next Tuesday.  Are you sure that the medication they have you on isn't causing it?  I put a ton of research into it and there were a couple of other procedures that I would have chosen first but unfortunately they are not approved yet or not covered by my insurance, such as Itind or FLA, etc..  Urolift was the least invasive procedure that was covered by my insurance, so hoping for the best.  I truly wish you the best in finding a solution to your problem.

Take care!

Riggs

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.