Robotic hysterectomy in 4 days and i am terrified

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am scheduled to have a full hysterectomy on Tuesday July 25 and all I want to do is run for the foor.  I can't stop crying and getting all nervous.  Can anyone please give me some things I need to know, what to expect and so on.  I am freaking out.

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Cara, hi. I am having a complete hysterectomy April 17. I have never had major surgery before. I am so afraid & sometimes I think I just want to cancel out. I need help. Everyone just accepts this as no big deal but they don’t know how I feel. Please text me back. It is a robotic hysterectomy.  Pam

• Posted

Hi cara

I had my hysterectomy done vaginally and I was exactly like you.. Honestly it really wasn't half as bad as my mind wanted me to think. I never really had much pain and this was what I was worried about. I had just crampy Ind pain for a few days as the intestines settle down. I had no vaginal soreness at all. Masks sure you takes with you a cloth bag you can keep on your bed with you book or tissues, mints etc everything you will need after so your not stretching for anything. It was so handy with the handles of the bag tyo just pull near you,not heavy mind you!

3 rules never to ignore.

1. No bending for 6 wks

2.no lifting heavier than a cup of water for tea/coffee for 3 wks but even now I won't lift a kettle till 12 wks,still boiling water for a cuppa

3 . no straining on toilet for life.

Each consultant will say different things but through experience and other ladies we must be very vigilant what we do not to cause prolapse afterwards.

Please relax a bit you are in good hands and you will be very surprised how you feel afterwards. No need to worry at all.

Would I go through it again,yes I would and I'm a obsessive worrier lol.

Lots of love suexx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.