Rocketman mobility update

Posted , 12 users are following.

So in three hours it will be exactly a week since I had my THR Revision operation.  Earlier I walked to my surgery to get my appointment booked to get the clips taken out.

I managed the 1 mile there and back in about an hour, so I am taking it slowly, but it felt like such a wonderful achievement.

I'm having 'afternoon lay down and sleep' time now, and last night as soon as the sun went down I started getting restless legs again, so I have to make up that lost sleep time.

Happy Healing everyone

Graham

7 likes, 72 replies

72 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good news Rocket man and all the very best for your continued recovery and good health. Dave
  • Posted

Really suffering tonight .... it's so hot, I have a blister that is the size of Belgium and the dressing over it is falling off.  My leg is in spasm again, and itching sooooooooo much.

Darn, this was so much easier in the winter last time.

• Posted

My sympathies. I can't even imagine trying to recover if it were too hot. Everyone here has air conditioning, and it is necessary! I had spasms after my second hip surgery whenever I did the least bit too much with that leg. Ice, rest, elevate and take your pain meds. Maybe you need ice everywhere on your body!

• Posted

Sorry to read you're having a bad night. Hope the spasm and itching ends soon.

• Posted

Sorry you’ve had such a bad night. So hard to sleep anyway when it’s hot, and much worse when you’ve just had your op. Are you trying to take anything for your restless legs? Just seen the weather forecast, should cool down a bit next week. Here’s hoping. Hope you have a reasonable day.
  • Posted

Thanks everyone, I have noticed, as soon as the sunsets, the spasms and itching kick in, all very odd.

I ended up sitting downstairs in the coldest room for an hour or so, went back upstairs, and noticed my dressing was falling off that huge blister again.  I put some huge plaster strips over it in a big cross, like in a cartoon, that seemed to hold it, then went to bed with my iPod and soothing classical music ...... Bliss, I got some much needed sleep.

Of course, when I woke, the plaster is flapping again .... so we'll be off to the GP Practice nurse to get it 'properly' seen to today.

It's all sent to try us.

Best wishes to everyone, especially those suffering in the European heatwave.

• Posted

That is interesting, I had a huge blister as well on my lower leg after my op. It was the operated leg.  It was 14cm long and finally when drained 3cm deep. I could not believe it was part of me when I looked down at my leg. 
    • Posted

Never a dull moment. Hope you were able to have a covering that will stay on.

I heard about the heatwave. We don't travel to Europe in summer. Prefer going when it's not so crowded with tourists. Yes, I am one, too, but do my best to fit in.

• Posted

How hot does it get there? It’s 90 here in Arkansas- we consider that cool! Last month we got to 100 several times, I was begging for winter lol!
    • Posted

It was in the 30's Centigrade (almost 90 Fahrenheit) today - we're just not used to this, especially as long as it has been going on for.  No-one has Air-con, except in cars.

• Posted

During one of our visits to London in the summer (I was not retired at the time) and it was extremely hot for a couple of days. No AC (expected that) and no fans so sleeping was very uncomfortable.

Hope it breaks soon for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.