Rocking boat dizziness 24/7 for 1 year! Sad and Tired

Posted , 25 users are following.

Vertigo as if I'm on a boat started off terrible where I could hardly walk the room and especially the ground bouncing up and down, sweating and vomiting- symptoms of vestibular neuritis but diagnosed with mal De debarkment- did go on a boat but was ok for a few hours after - I got this after a shower that night - 1 year ago- past few months have been hard but it's slowly getting better but now seems to be stuck at the same level- fullness in ears- knots in my shoulders and neck - room is rocking - tipping feeling when I lie down like I'm falling through the bed- CT Scan was fine - tried all kinds of meds- going gluten free seems to of helped me it makes me less tired- when tired I am worse- always crying but trying to stay positive- someone help I want to know if anyone had this and got better please let me no cus feel like giving up - I'm 23year old female - don't understand why some days are better than others sad x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Not on your own Sophia ,lots of us suffering the same condition ,every day for past 3 yrs I've had this Rocking /Swaying feeling ,only time I don't sense it is when driving ,I've never understood why ? Is it down to concentration I don't know .Peole say they don't see it on me ,but I feel it . I've had this now for 3 yrs ,began out of the blue ,but I do suffer from really bad neck ache ,and tinnitus ( ears hissing ) .think this can be the big problem to this balancing condition .Ive done exercises etc ,but nothing's got rid of it ,can try the Serc tabs and Kwells Tabs ,see if they help at all .yes I have ear fullness have done for 9 yrs now .Try going to a chiropractor ,see if that can help with balance .Wishing you the best ,it's miserable I know only to well .Stay on the site see what others can suggest .maybe just a simple cure for it out there .
    • Posted

Hi mines the same with driving but if I drive too far I feel the consequences ! Thankyou for ur quick response I have done meditation and it has worked a few months ago but I had to stomach the sitting still and moving feeling what is scarey before I drift off- and that feeling puts me off doing it but maybe I should do I more - mine gets worse during or just before my period and I feel a bit off during ovulation too- I have seen 14 doctors - 4 ENT and 2 physio I'm so fed up now - I was dosed on so much serc the first 3 weeks I had this and no joy I couldn't eat or drink - it's hard getting up cus it's bad in the morning make a drink and the kitchen side moves but the more I exercise the less I notice - I was ok for a few days and I haven't had yoghurt for a while (live Greek yoghurt) soon as I had it yesterday I started rocking fast to were I was tumbling again and haven't had that for a while! I can tell the difference when I've ate healthy lots of meat and veg because I feel my head is lighter- in the good way an not so full heavy and stuffy - that feeling - I find plenty of bad carbs are a no go- atleast my nightmares have calmed down I got them terrible and interuped sleep what u still get sometimes and going for a wee in the night is horrible everything's blurry and like a fun house - I have also had reiki done by a spiritual healer what made me feel better for a couple of days and the rocking stopped but I felt a terrible out of body feeling and anxiety I could not control- couldn't breathe or anything it terrified my- my ear and neck felt a burning sensation for days so I beleive this worked to some extent - I was supposed to go back once a week but it scared me so much because my anxiety went so bad I was shaking like crazy- there has got to be a cure for this I have been exercising as much as I can and going to physio - the head movement helps but the standing on one like with eyes shut makes me feel like the floor is jumping and I fall - I am starting to take well woman vitamins - Thankyou I will look t that webiste too- I do not know how to reply to both at once but this messge Is for both who replied to me x
  • Posted

Hi Sophia, sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  I have had similar in the past twice. Once after I went on a ferry for a few days after and once after going to the fair ground for a week.  Do you feel anxious?  I have had anxiety before with vertigo, I think most people would feel anxious with vertigo. 

The things that have helped me are cutting out all caffine, including chocolate as this can increase anxiety.  Sugar is alo a stimulant and keeps me awake at night  if I have sweets or cakes in the evening.

Secondly meditation has reduced my anxiety and stress. It really has worked for me and there are free guided meditations on the web if you do a search. Including a five minute breathing meditation.   I can email you a  website link, just let me know. It's a well known university website.  xxx

• Posted

Hi I tried to reply to both at once - can u see my  comment I have just posted back xx
  • Posted

I've just done a websearch and it's found if you google UCLA and free guided meditations.  UCLA is University of California, Los Angeles. There is the five minute breathing meditation at the top of the list.  I'm not allowed to add the weblink to my reply. xx
    • Posted

I agree Helen the 2 go together ,all from stress this condition brings with it,I do meditation ,not heard of what you mentioned will go have a look at that myself .Deep breathing can drop anxiety down ,most say the early mornings are the worst ,and can drop as day goes on .i take B12 that's a good Vit for anxiety ,and B6 another .So maybe Sophia would do well to go onto Vits ,look it up Sophia and others having this issue going .
  • Posted

In all your visits with specailist, did they ever recommend you try vestibular rehabilitation/therapy? I was just reading that it's a common treatment for chronic mal de debarkment. Have you ever looked into it? Hope you find something that works. Living with dizziness 24/7 is debilitating. 
  • Posted

I am deaf and I was born deaf, so I don't need any nasty comments please. It's a dizziness kind of a thing. In 2010 I went to Ukraine and it was hot and everything and me and my sister and my cousin went into this hamster thing where you roll around on the water sort of thing but it could hold up to 3 people so it was an extra size instead of a ball for 1 person & then I felt sick that night and it was fine since I came back in August then in that same year in October I went to town and then came back home with mum and my sister and then I just fainted and mum couldn't handle me and I had to walk all the way home but my dizziness was going downwards like a hamster ball infront of my eyes which made me think that I was on the floor when I wasn't and I hate it. I was throwing up and everything. It became so continuous. I didn't go out for the whole winter and things like that; I began to realise that I couldn't play football anymore, I passed out on the pitch and it just got worser and worser. But I'm completely fine on holiday in the hot weather. I don't know.. It's horrible. It makes me throw up for hours and if I needed to go to sleep for 24-hours I had too. I had no other choice. I get all cold and I don't respond and I black-out and everything.  I don't like it.. Mum reckons it links in when I was a child I banged my head on the floor in ASDA cause I was leaning on the trolley and mum told me to get off and I ignored her and I was only 1 and I let go and I fell backwards and I was in hospital for couple of nights and throwing up yellow ew. But I don't know why it would wait till I'm 11 and then starts? It's horrible I don't like it. I hate it. I avoid doing things. I hate it. When I say I feel dizzy. Everyone's like "you will be okay" and then when I pass out, their like "I shouldn't have ignored her" and I end up in A&E and it's horrible. I just wish they would put a stop to it. I reckon I wouldn't be able to drive at night or walk long distances anymore😞😞😞 and I cry myself to sleep begging that it doesn't happen the next day😰💔

But this year it has got worse. Since I've got my tonsillitis it has completely changed me, I was taking antibiotics and now I haven't been to school for the past two months, only went back when the new term just started and I had panic attacks still and I hate it, I cry every night hoping it doesn't happen the next day. The ambulance had to come to my house one day as I wasn't be able to walk or move or anything apart from shaking to death. It's horrible. I hate it so much, i think it might be linked up to my period so I'm on the pill now to see if it helps to regulate my period. But I think it's to do with my deafness with the inner ear too. Had MRI & CT scans and everything. Nothing's been found at all. 

• Posted

Hi Sophia. I've had same feelings too. I went to see psychiatrist today and prescribed cymbalta  I never wanted to take those type of meds but I can't take this anymore. Feeling off balance everyday all day. Like my brain is on a raft , throws my entire body off. I can't stand still for long , feels like the floor is moving    Like on aconveyer belt    My head hurts , back of neck my face ...I feel like I'm sinking in my bed or if I'm sitting on a chair. Restaurants , movie theatre , don't get me started on that. Feels like my brain is being squeezed and I'm going to pass out. I gotta get out of there. I go to bed feeling miserable and wake up the same. I'm just tired and fed up.  I noticed my moods are up and down too. I get annoyed , frustrated , upset so easily now.

So you're not alone. I pray that these meds help and won't harm or add to the problem.  

• Posted

Hi.

I'm doing sooo much better now. I don't have any of those horrible swaying , lightheaded, headaches any more. I can be in a restaurant, market , theatre with no problem. And if I slightly start to feel anything like before I just tell myself it's ok and breath. Honestly that medication has helped me. How are you doing? Hope you are well.

• Posted

Glad to hear that!! Any way you can email me? I don't know how to private message on this and I think it would be much easier xx
    • Posted

Curious as to what medication you used?
    • Posted

Hi love how are you now I hope you are 100 percent better ! Xxx

• Posted

Im still dealing with it. It got bad the last 3 years. I got off Cymbalta. Just started Zoloft 25mg. Been taking topamax 50mg has helped with headaches..i still get them but not as often and not as bad

Hope you all are well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.