Rocking boat dizziness 24/7 for 1 year! Sad and Tired

Posted , 25 users are following.

Vertigo as if I'm on a boat started off terrible where I could hardly walk the room and especially the ground bouncing up and down, sweating and vomiting- symptoms of vestibular neuritis but diagnosed with mal De debarkment- did go on a boat but was ok for a few hours after - I got this after a shower that night - 1 year ago- past few months have been hard but it's slowly getting better but now seems to be stuck at the same level- fullness in ears- knots in my shoulders and neck - room is rocking - tipping feeling when I lie down like I'm falling through the bed- CT Scan was fine - tried all kinds of meds- going gluten free seems to of helped me it makes me less tired- when tired I am worse- always crying but trying to stay positive- someone help I want to know if anyone had this and got better please let me no cus feel like giving up - I'm 23year old female - don't understand why some days are better than others sad x

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sophia,  I have had every one of your symptoms for 13 months now. The last 4 months I have had the rocking like on a boat.  After every test known my ENT has diagnosed me with vestibular migraine.  They are not like regular migraines. Look it up, it is every symptom you and I have.  I was just started a week ago on Amitriptyline starting at 10 mg upping weekly by 10. It has only been a week but I can say the neck pain, overall head pressure, rocking, and feeling of dropping are Improving.  I have a ways to go but for the first time in 13 months, I have hope.
    • Posted

Hello, I just looked up vestibular migraine and it's literally my symptoms to a tee. I had never known such thing existed, I thought I was the only one suffering through it. Only about 3 weeks ago I started feeling the vertigo.

Let me know how it's been and if the meds have helped you smile

• Posted

Hi all im 25 now ! And after a horrible 3 years I'm happy to say the rocking stopped about 11 months ago when I went on a strict migraine diet . I got the heal your headache book. I also went to yoga once or twice a week. And was left with a falling tipping head fog sensation . Some kinda dizzy always there. I met Englands top neuro and he told me Mav AN he will cure me! He started some non med treatment like vagus nerve stimulation and sleep and eating patterns with a chart to fill each day so he could catch the triggers. Then I got pregnant !! So stopped the nerve thing as it makes me morning sick worse. I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant and though I have the worst violent morning sickness of my life the dizziness is hardly noticeable . Yesterday was the best day I'd had in years. Apparently if it's true migraine the symptoms will get better or stop entirely during pregnancy and return once I get my periods back. I am absolutely terrified but I want kids and this thing isn't stopping me. I just love and miss my old life and I truly believed the neuro was gonna get me better but I have to wait now u til after I give birth to get treatment from him. I believe in him so I'm just glad I've got him on the other side rather than the brainless doctors passing me around that's I had for years . Good luck girls no choc cheese or caffeine . I reccomend the book for sure xxxx all my love xxxx

• Posted

Have you found any solution?

I have the same symptoms and I am Desperately seeking a solution ,

• Posted

I know this discussion is like so old. But I googled these symptoms because after 3 weeks of having the same symptoms you mentioned, I'm really fed up sad I can relate with all of you. I'm atleast a little glad that its kindof common?

Anyways, this discussion has really helped me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.