Room is spinning

Posted , 15 users are following.

Hello ladies - just looking for your kind words to get me through. My dizziness is worse then it has ever been, and my family doesn't know what to do with me. Night time is the worst. It is absolutely terrifying to wake up, get up slowly, only to find the room spinning in circles and be so unsteady on my feet. I am coming very close to fainting and I'm terrified. I've run out of options with various doctors (you know the drill - no one can find anything wrong other than you are in perimenopause). It's a beautiful morning and I am in bed crying because I can't take this anymore. Can't believe in these modern times we have to suffer like this. There has to be a solution. This can't all be anxiety - the symptoms are so debilitating. Thank you for letting me vent.

5 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

so SORRY KAREN! It's your hormones having a wild party who were not invited!! I SUFFERED this all thru peri and found it so difficult to work. I'm a top producing Realtor who couldn't stand in the morning let alone walk thru a house!! I hated it, cried my eyes out and could find no relief. My bed was a merry-go-round. I'm post menopausal now and doing much better. Those party animals will leave the party just not as soon as we would like them to leave. Hang in there.❤

• Posted

Oh Jamie - thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so very sorry you went through this. How did you manage to get through work? I don't know how I'm going to get up and go to work tomorrow feeling this way. Can you share how long the dizziness lasted for you? Were you able to get through this time without medication? Your words of encouragement have given me a boost and I thank you so much!

• Posted

the extreme dizziness was the first year after no period. It was a real roller coaster!! I couldn't work. Stayed home, did contract negotiations, computer work, and had a colleague show houses for me. AND CRIED A LOT! I didn't want meds, my gyn offered me antidepressants which i refused. After that first year, it got better. Felt like my estrogen fell to the floor.

It does get better but totally frightening!!!!

Do you still get periods????

• Posted

Hi Jamie - this is it exactly! My last "period" was one day of light spotting in mid June. Then this all hit me one month later and I have been so sick ever since. No period or any indication of one ever since. Took leave of absence but that ran out. I also will not take an anti-depressant. Tried one for 9 days but side effects were unbearable. Hard to sleep because head hurts so bad when I lay down. Your story gives me hope and I thank you!

• Posted

Get checked for an inner ear infection. If that's okay, have you tried Citaprolam? It has worked wonders for me. I had dizziness and anxiety so bad that I could no longer drive on freeways. HOPE YOU FIND THE ANSWER.

• Posted

Thank you so much, Asha. I was checked by an ENT and a neurologist, among others, with no issues. I am so glad that the Citaprolam is working for you. I did try 20 mg Prozac over the summer but had to stop after nine days because the side effects were so bad for me - did not eat or sleep for days. Take good care.

• Posted

This has been my worse symptom, i feel mostly off balance and lightheaded. I am now on week 3 of sertraline as it caused dreadful anxiety. I am also on week 3 of HRT and it does seem improved. x

• Posted

Thank you, Louise, I am glad the medications are helping! Can you share if you experienced any side effects with the sertraline?

• Posted

The start up effects of sertraline were very hard going for me but some people dont suffer at all. I spent a week in bed as was so ill. it does get better though.

• Posted

Are you post meno darl bless you xx

• Posted

Thank you, Janice. I last spotted in early to mid June and have had nothing since, so technically not post meno although my blood work indicates post meno.

• Posted

Hi Karen, I have had my fsh levels come back post meno too...had then tested once per week in october of 2017 and all 4x came back post meno...even though technically still having periods...whenever they would come! Also, estrogen would spike... Then it will drop to borderline nothing...no fooling when they say it is an up and down roller coaster...no wonder we all feel cruddy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.