Rotorer cuff surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had surgery for a rotorer cuff tear and impingment on dec 18th. Still in a sling day and night and in extreme pain. Had same op a few years ago on other shoulder that was no where near as painful afterwards. Getting a little concerned as to if it should still hurt so much?

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well after having rotator cuff repair in December. I've now progressed to a frozen shoulder!😩it's just so painful. I've not slept through the night once since surgery. Although my original pain has gone the pain I'm in now is so much worse. Hardly any movement in my shoulder now. I see the surgeon next Friday to see what he says, but my physiology is convinced it a FS
    • Posted

Hi Tracey, I know that you can get FS as a result of your surgery sad  My FS came on out of the blue......... tried all sorts to stop the pain and regain movement - no luck........ended up having surgery -manipulation under anaesthetic/ arthroscopy/ subacromiual decompression and release of adhesions sad it hasn't worked sad  Soooo I'm back monday 20th april for further manipulation sad  I would never have thought you could get pain like this - NOTHING stops it sad  I've had loads diferent pain killers & nothing helped sad  Like you I can't wash my hair/tie it up, dressing is a nightmare & I haven't been able to drive since last October sad Soooo depressing sad  There is a forum for frozen shoulder on here - its worth a look & you will get lots of support & advice............Hope this has helped a little bit?? Believe me you are not alone with this awful condition sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.