Rotorer cuff surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

i had surgery for a rotorer cuff tear and impingment on dec 18th. Still in a sling day and night and in extreme pain. Had same op a few years ago on other shoulder that was no where near as painful afterwards. Getting a little concerned as to if it should still hurt so much?

0 likes, 46 replies

46 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Saw the physio today. She thinks I will be off work for about 12 weeks as I have a pretty manual job. That's going to please them. Not!!!!
    • Posted

Work is not important Tracey, you have to mend slowly, just keep the

doctor's notes flowing , Hope my physio will be helpful tomorrow 

Did you have a tendon sewn, ? That does take months to heal .

Chin up. shoulders back !!!!!

• Posted

Yes I did Jacqueline as well as bone removed. Off to doctors tomorrow. Sick note and pain killers. I won't be doing a lot of snorkelling on holiday next month 😞. Let us know how you get on with your physio x
    • Posted

Hi ,back home physio gave me a "bit of a do" but made appointment

for acupuncture next Tuesday. She also said that she had spoken to the surgeon. who of course said I was in pain (which I didn't have before )

because I told him not to sew the tendon. so. It's my fault. As if he would say it was anyone else The only concern , is  will it get better.?

Probably not ,at a guess .Wonder how we will be in 6 months?  x

• Posted

Let's hope it does get better. I saw doctor this morning. She has signed me off for 3 weeks then I go on holiday for 2 weeks. Hopefully will be able to return to work on light duties then. Have been to work and explained to them 😒
    • Posted

Haven't you been back to see the surgeon, or consultant ? Did your company  understand that you were not going to work until you are

properly mended ? 

Don't forget to use your other arm 'for glass lifting  cheesygrin on your hols 

The sun will probably do it good. if there is any .Whatever it will be 

lovely just to get away. Make sure you take the medical card with you

• Posted

Yes work understood. It's really because of my job that I have shoulder problems. I'm right handed so lifting a cocktail glass or 2 will be fine. Don't think I'll be doing an awful lt of snorkelling though 🍹🏊
    • Posted

😂it's the getting in and out of a boat into the sea and swimming I think I'll sruggle with 
    • Posted

Time to put on a""Please help me  " face, and point it at something , tall,

dark and muscular.

• Posted

Oh but imagine someone thinking they were helping and get hold of your arm and pull you up..... Ouch
    • Posted

I can''t ride because there is no way I can climb into the saddle without

using left arm, and it would need somebody at least 12 ft tall to lift me

up . Sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. Probably be  O.K on a camel ,

they do kneel down.  I am quite good at ouching without anyone laying 

a finger on me  Hope that goes away 

• Posted

Meant to ask you if your arm muscles have gone all soggy,mine looks as though it has got anorexia
    • Posted

took about 8 weeks before they disappeared , should be about right

for you when you go on holiday.

MOT doctor tomorrow,fingers crossed ,and purse sewn up 

• Posted

wish my bod wasn't any trouble. and just needed a yearly check up.

Your holiday is a day nearer WHeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee x

• Posted

How is your pain today ? It's like asking how the dog is lol

Have to say I have only had a few twinges today, the first shooting muscle pain starts as I sit up in bed first thing. Slapped on the Tiger balm, put the 

stretchy stocking bandage on. no probs, and now ,it's amazingly nearly 

no pain . and Iv'e been shopping, careful not to carry with  ""dodgy "

Can't wait for tomorrow. Maybe the physio pressed the right spots

• Posted

John took me to mums for day. Is really tender and sore. Traveling in a car hurts. Didn't sleep very well again. Still sleeping on back with a V shaped pillow. As soon as I move it hurts and wakes me up. To be honest I could sleep now I'm so tired. 
    • Posted

I know exactly how you are feeling .I sleep on my back, or on the

opposite shoulder with a pillow to keep it level so there  is no pull on the muscles. I have resorted to the lowest dose of sleeping tab , just to

send me off. I'm a real rat bag if I miss out on sleep

• Posted

Have to say ,when I take a sleeper, I wake up in the same position as when I dropped off, and I get about 6/7 hours Some GP 's  are not very understanding about sleep . or, lack of it, 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.