Roundabout !

Posted , 13 users are following.

Help !..... except Joanna....too tough for me. I cannot take that dimension of "help".  I am a very sick person.  This journey is killing me.  Back off, to anyone who feels less than VERY KINDLY.  I am a very sick person.  I try to be kindly to others in this HELL of a situation, with alcohol.  I cannot post what I really wanted to say.....because I cannot cope, again. 

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I hate it when people start to fall out on the forum. To be honest it helps me and makes me feel happier about myself when I give friendly support to those who are suffering, as I have and I'm sure will do in the future. It upsets me when people are sad, frustrated, in pain and depressed. And might just think they've had enough and give up. 

Please stay strong dear Alonangel, I have felt just like you many times but it will get better. You've come this far, don't give up.

Truely hope you sleep well and feel better tomorrow. Bless you xx

• Posted

Hello my friend,

I've just replied to one of your posts; you sounded okay then I came accross this one; I don't use any medication but have read replies from people who do so I don't know about that.

All I can say is that you're obviously having a bad day and my thoughts are with you. I've had a tiring day but am not suffering the same hell as you.

Can you relax and maybe sleep for awhile knowing that things will seem and be better tomorrow? I believe you can cope, I believe you can be positive, I think it's probably just a bad day......... worse than others obviously.

I believe you can cope with this and have the strength to do so. I think you should tell it as it is without restraint; I think you shouldn't keep things bottled up.

You sound  very emotional; we're not robots - let it hang out without going crazy. All our thoughts are with you, try to be calm and know that tomorrow is a different day and tell yourself you'll feel better.

It's not the end of the world Alonangel; take today a bit at a time...... concentrate on getting through the day. A lot of us have been where you are now; think about the positive things you've achieved.

You have had some success today by posting how you feel.

Go steady and keep posting whatever you feel; you're not alone. YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

You'll find the strength to cope, I just know you will.

I'll be thinking about you as will others; get through the day as best you can. Things will get better.

Colin.

• Posted

Hello Colin,

I thank you most sincerely, for your kind, encouraging words. Today...I just need to get through it. "Things Can Only Get Better"(song) !  I think I will keep posting.  A couple of very negative replies have hurt me badly.  Criticism breaks me to pieces.  It is too much to bear.   I am too sick.  The tears are running down my face, just now. Those people seem like bullies, to me.  I felt like I was kicked, when I was down.  It is hard to keep getting back up. You have given me a "helping hand".

"A friend in need, is a friend indeed".

Blessings on you, my friend,

Alonangel 🎇

• Posted

Thank you,

You sound better than you did I'm happy to say and and I hope I'll always be here to support you as I know you'd support me.

I've no time for 'bullies' either  but don't think they mean to be. To go through a crisis is normal, especially during recovery. I've already posted to you that sometimes, just a kind word is needed to get you back to your program.

You're not the only one to 'fall apart' for a short time; if it happens too frequently, there's something wrong. I and lots of people I know 'fell apart' many times before they got to grips. That's the way of things.

Anyone who expects too much from you too soon (depends on the individual serving their time) isn't being realistic. But, of course, I'm sure you know you have to put in the effort.

We're all walking on thin ice so don't beat yourself up if you fall sometimes and don't allow others to beat you up either. No matter how many times you fall as long as you're serious.

Go steady and keep getting back up....... as you are doing.

And there you have it for now; yes, "Things can only get better"

Good for you. See you later. Colin.

• Posted

Hi!  The key to sobriety is always being honest and never running away! This is an open forum to do and say as you please. If you were to agree with everyone...that would mean you weren't being true to yourself.  You have to be true to yourself and your feelings.  Don't give up and don't stop posting.
    • Posted

Thank you.   I am "hanging on in, there" ! Won't give up.  Will keep posting.
  • Posted

Hi Alonangel, 

I've read yours and other post since my first reply; it's wonderful to see so many people supporting you.

I'm reminded of the movie Evan almighty. ARK (act of random kindness).

We all need a kind word sometimes, it works wonders. 

Hope you're feeling better.  

• Posted

hi Alonangel - you know it can be a very long, very hard slog - young really do need to keep going and you are keeping going, you haven't given up, so well done. Some people say a day at a time, for me it can be an hour at a time and it might be like that for you. I have to say that for me looking outside myself does really help - distracts me from my own needs. I do hope that you stick with it - as they say "you're worth it"
    • Posted

Thank you for the reassurance, h1954. I am stuck within my own needs at the mo.  Your point is very helpful. Looking outside myself.  I am not selfish... I am a very caring person.  I have over- cared about everyone else, for as long as I can remember. Now... I am trying to take care of my problems.  I find it so difficult. I am trying to find who I really am. I have been so many things to others. I think "I'm worth it"....then...I don't.  This may come across as stupid, but, how do you "look outside yourself"?  

Best landings(angel joke).  I hope you are well.

Alonangel 🎇

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.