Rubber Band Ligation and Leakage

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had 3 bandings done as of today. My doctor said if I'm still experiencing leakage in 2 weeks to go back for a possible 4th banding. My question is how long did you leak after banding? Should the area be healed in 2 weeks or should the process take a little longer?

If anyone recalls please let me know.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh man. This is scaring me. I've been suffering from badddddd stage 3 internal hemorrhoids for 2 years. They "come out" EVERY day and bleed profusely. They're HUGE!!!! Had to go thru several different tests (colonoscopy) to ensure all my bleeding wasn't something worse, like cancer, which took months to get all the appointments and tests done. Finally had my doctor appointment today for hemmoroids. She was FANTASTIC!!!! After doing a complete exam she told me that "you have A LOT of tissue and we can try banding but I'm skeptical if it will work for you. Surgery is likely." She sat there truly a bit skeptical as to which to advise, and than went and talked to a surgeon for a 2nd opinion. We decided to try banding to see if I'd get relief.

I figured, well, why not give the banding a try and so she put a single band on for the first banding. If it works and I have no issues, she'll do two next appointment in 4 weeks. I left the appointment and within 30 minutes, the pain was pretty bad. It freaking Hurt. I felt pressure and pain. I told my wife "I'll never be able to sleep tonight if it stays feeling like this". I came home and felt pressure and like I needed to go to the bathroom. So I did. As is my daily occurrence, my hemorrhoids all came out on the toilet and so did the white band. It came right off. Now I don't know what to do. I assume this means banding won't be a viable option for me. Anyone else have a similar experience ??? These hemmoroids are huge, like 3/8 - 1/2 around each one and hang outside about 1/2 inch. I have to push them back in every time. It's gross and I bleed badly. I have plenty of pictures but I don't want to gross anyone out.

• Posted

Hello All,

Was wondering if someone can help me with my query.

I had my rubber band banding for 2 grade 2 haemmorroids on 4th Aug.

I would say , I am recovering daily in last 1.5 months.

The exterior swelling has reduced , not fully gone , along with the leakage.

However since last few days , experiencing a bit pain after the bm , which lasts for few hours.

It seems the pull feeling has now reduced , and now experiencing the pain.

So has anybody experienced the pain towards the recovery when the swelling was reduced ?

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.