Rubber Band Ligation and Leakage

Posted , 9 users are following.

I've had 3 bandings done as of today. My doctor said if I'm still experiencing leakage in 2 weeks to go back for a possible 4th banding. My question is how long did you leak after banding? Should the area be healed in 2 weeks or should the process take a little longer?

If anyone recalls please let me know.

0 likes, 35 replies

35 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I feel pretty good so far but have only had the one band. Tomorrow is the next one. Only time I have pain also is after a bm and it usually lasts about an hour. Like an ache feeling is the best way to describe it, but before the first band when this would happen it was way worse. That's what makes me think it did it's job.

• Posted

Hi Sorakingdom , How did your doctor's appt go? Did they say anything about the first banded hemorrhoid?

• Posted

Hey Carissa, it went well! It kinda hurt a tad more when my Dr inserted the tool this time, but same pain afterwards as the first one which has already faded which I believe it was from the insertion. She said that the one she did first felt much much better this time. I asked her if it did what it was supposed to and she said yes. So that makes me pretty optimistic.

• Posted

That's great! I wonder what the doctors feel on that appt. When she said it feels "better", is it still there and expected to keep shrinking down? I'm just wondering. Take care!

• Posted

I believe she said it was the one of the three walls she was feeling. She said it didn't feel inflamed anymore and felt much better but the other two were still inflamed. Then she did the second one and said she hopes it goes as good as this one did.

• Edited

Hi CarissaD216,

I was just wondering how you are feeling at this time? Has everything returned to normal? I had a bit more blood through this second one but it only lasted about a day about a week after it was done. I am now having my third and final (hopefully) band done on Wednesday morning. I am very eager to return to work, and before it was hard for me to stand for very long due to the pressure and they would bleed. I still have pain after bm but it seems it has decreased since the beginning. I am hoping and praying all goes well so I can return to work, as I have been eating at my savings. I've even tried finding new positions where I am strictly sitting down but I don't want to be restricted like that. My ultimate hope is that after the final banding they don't bother me after standing for long periods. Anyway, hope you are doing well!!!

• Posted

Hi, good to hear from you. I'm doing a little better each day it seems but not quite normal. Maybe it's my new normal, who knows. I still have some swelling and aching, discomfort. Mostly after a bm or if I do a lot of walking. It's more an annoying distraction than anything. Not totally taking over my life like before. Hopefully I'll continue to improve.

What did/do you do for work ? I hope you're able to return soon with no (or much fewer) issues! Let me know how the appt goes Wed.

• Edited

It will!!!! Trust me , you know my story. just within the last 2 weeks did i start feeling somewhat normal.

• Posted

I live in Colorado and work as a budtender Basically a clerk that sells and educates customers on cannabis. It required me to stand for long periods of time though, which I was able to do not even two years ago at a different job, but ended up getting into others that were sit down jobs including a call center. When I tried to return to physical labor, that's when I knew I had a problem. it's good to hear they aren't bothering you as bad as before. I feel the same but am slightly afraid to return to work because of the fear of it happening again. It was kind of traumatic lol and devastating because I couldn't perform the duties required and I loved the job literally more than anything I've ever done. I am still welcomed back by them whenever I want to go back, but I'm waiting for this final band and then my birthday is next week, so I figure I'll just knock that all out and go back the following week. They were banded, so I have a hard time seeing them swelling up like they used to and bleeding again since they were supposed to shrivel up and fall off. If that is my unfortunate fate, I have a very scary backup plan. I'm going to go stay with my parents for a month or two in Michigan and have a hemorrhoidectomy done. I've decided one way or another I'm getting rid of these things. I just really hope I don't have to take that route. I'll definitely let you know how things go! I'm eager to ask my doctor how it feels down there. She said the first one felt a lot better so hopefully this one does too.

• Posted

It literally took 2 months AFTER , for me to start feeling normal. Even now i still get "that" feeling of not normal. But its fleeting. Not all the time,and certainly not as bad. And i hate to tell you the surgery doesn't always work. You can still get hemorrhoids. Trust its a very sensitive area that does take a long time to heal. Remember each time you go #2 you re aggravate the area. If you strain even a tad, you start all over again and again.

• Posted

Hi Jnf, what not normal feelings do you sometimes have now? I often wonder if we're healing from banding wounds, or shrunken down more manageable hemorrhoids. Maybe a little of both..

• Posted

Jnf123-

I luckily have not been straining for a while because I have been eating a lot of fiber and drinking tons of water. That's why I have hope I won't even need the surgery, but who knows. I have done all I can and changed my diet completely so there isn't much else I can do that I can think of. Just hope for the best I suppose.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.