Ruptured Achilles Tendon (Non-surgical, No checkup, No Rehab)

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello! I am 33yrs old, I ruptured my right Achilles about 4 months ago during a basketball game. I thought it was a common sprain so I didn’t seek any medical attention. The first 2 weeks, It hurt much especially when walking/standing (but I can tolerate the pain) and I can’t support my weight with my right foot, also has swelling on my ankles. Another 2 weeks had past and my foot was still hurting and swelling, by then I knew it was not a sprain. I researched about ruptured Achilles Tendon, all the symptoms show that I had a partial ruptured Achilles (if it was complete rupture, I would surely can’t stand). I didn’t undergo any medical checkup or rehabilitation, didn’t take any medication. I just researched on the massage techniques and exercise routines for my foot, had to do it every day, even during break times at work. I applied pain relieving ointment on my foot to relieve the pain (salonpas would be good too), shoe pads can also be helpful.

I think my Achilles is healing well, my foot feels much better now. Although I can’t lift my body only with my right foot (Tiptoe); I can do my chores normally, can carry some weight. I walk with slight limping and some imbalances, but can walk well even on long distances without feeling any major pain. I am a welder and my condition had affected my performance at work. I still do my routine foot exercise and apply ointment relievers.

I am not sure if I will recover normally since I never had any medical treatment/advice. I simply don’t have enough savings to support any medical expense. I hope my case would somehow help other individuals with similar situation. But it would be best if you seek medical attention immediately.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try not to walk on it much. Consider renting crutches. Try and find the money for a doctor. You want it to heal properly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.