Rush/sore in my buttock and I am freaking out

Posted , 2 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity.

I was talking a shower today and found this rush/sores in the upper part of my buttock. I am extremely active and it might be from friction but i am unsure. It does not hurt or hitch. Maybe a fungal infection? Is this what herpes looks like sometimes? The picture was taken with flash so the colors are more intense than in reality. Please let me know if you have any idea of what it might be.

THANKS A LOT!

JULIAN

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julian, have you tried treating it at all?I think that in view of where it is, I would go & see the Practice Nurse & ask her to dress it for you & advise you whether or not you should see your GP.

Keep it clean & dry, using something like a Melolin dressing, that has a shiny non stick film on one side & gauze on the other. The shiny film goes next to the wound. Then just tape it with micropore or similar but go & see the nurse.

How long have you had it? It doesn't look infected.

Good luck.

• Posted

Hi mrsmop,

Thank you for your quick and helpful response. I have not, but I am certainly following your suggestions. I just noticed it yesterday. So I like to think that only one day but it could be longer as it is asymptomatic. It is worth mentioning that I pulled my lower back/ upper buttock exactly three weeks ago which forced me to stay in bed for 4 days. So maybe I hurt it during my recovery.

Thanks again,

Julian

• Posted

If you stayed in bed for 4 days then it's probably a bed sore typical of the elderly .

There are several types of patches as smsrsop suggested , tegaderm is a popular 1.

Other remedies can be Manuka honey or a simple lips chapstick if it's 100% natural.

Get well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.