Sacrospinous Fixation Operation

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all .. Am waiting to have a Rectocele repair with Sacrospinous Fixation because of  my vault prolapse following a hysterectomy some 20 years ago..... Have read thatconstipation and Buttock pain afterwards can be a real problem for some ? How was it for you ? I had a planned prolapse surgery about a year ago which had to be aborted, because my bowel was stuck to the abdominal wall and caused me infection, Ileus, and all sorts of complications ! Am now thankfully fully recovered and waiting again for the surgery, to hopefully fix my problems this time, but really apprehensive. I know this op is less invasive and  I am really hoping for a trouble free recovery, but would be very interested to hear about other peoples experiences of this particular operation.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Ros,  I'll,pray that your surgery is100% successful.  Ask a lot of questions!  I should have asked more than I did.  And I regret not having done so.

Dorothy

• Posted

Thanks dorothy03601 That sounds like you might be regretting  your decision to have surgery ? I hope you're okay x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.