Sad :(

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm so sad . I'm so sad with being sad ! I'm so sad with thinking that people will find me sad ! Mostly , Im so sad on here thinking that people will lose patience with me being so sad ! I'm also sad in thinking that the people will not have hope in me changing because of my constant sadneesss and being on here plus thinking ....shes p*ssed etc !!! what she says doesnt matter tomoorw !! It will matter tomorrow ! I really care and I want a better future . I do not want to be a worry to anyone on here and in my life . Just want to express my concerns . i'm sorry x

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Rainbow, don't worry about upsetting anyone here. Anytime you feel like it, just come back and tell us how it is for you. It doesn't upset us, as a matter of fact we want to hear from you.

So, tell us how we can help and maybe it will help you lay out a plan for a better future.

There's a book by Alex Korb called "The Upward Spiral". Someone in your line of work might like to read it. The upshot is that a depression often originates from a small thing that echos and reverberates throughout the brain, building and becoming stronger. Armed with the right knowledge, you can make a small change in the right place (like what Joanna mentioned) and use that same effect to create an "Upward Spiral". It's really not like any book on the subject that I've read before. Have a look on GoodReads, people have a lot of good things to say about it.

What people are saying about the drink is true. Alcohol is a CNS depressant. If you can find a way to turn that around, you'll be leagues ahead. You've read about one way to do that, doing basically the same thing that you're doing now, but taking a pill an hour or two before. That's another example of one small change in the right place. There are other ways to go about it too. 

Well, talk to us and tell us where you want to go. One way or the other, I'm pretty confident we can help you find a way to get there.

• Posted

Hello ADE 

Thankyou so much for that ! I will write more later and will reply to the others too. 

Have a lovely eve x

• Posted

Hello again ADEfree 

Please read my reply to Paper as it was for you too to say thanks ! I will take a look at that book thanks 

Little steps and little changes are the key I think and thats been of great help to me as I've thought about it alot the last couple of days . I cannot let the stress around me at this time give me the excuse to over drink ! Of course its making me worse and more unable to cope . I keep drumming this in to myself as the more dependant I become the less impact it has anyway , but the worse I feel in the morning and throughout the day ... How silly . 

thanks again for your support and kindness xx

• Posted

You're welcome, Rainbow! I hope the book helps, it's not the same old "positive thinking" method that so many of the others talk about, he approaches it from a different angle. I think you'll like it!

• Posted

Hope you're not so sad today rainbow.

As everyone is saying, and I can confirm this today, alcohol is a massive depressant and if you're on antidepressants they won't do their job when you are drinking. I'm sad also but realise if I continue to drink it just gets worse. Stay strong xx

• Posted

Thank you Paper Fairy . I'm feeling much better today . I agree totaly with you all re alcohol being a depressant and I know it makes me worse . Just needed someone to listen the other day after a couple of bottles. I'm not on antidepressants . The funny thing is in my job I help people suffering with depression and anxiety !!! Easy to dish out advice and all that hey ! ......

I have made a change and my first change is going to my first ever AA meeting tomorrow night . I'm going with a friend thats been going for two years every week and has remained sober smile  I'm going with an open mind and more than anything using this as a positive focus . It makes me want to cry everytime I think of it but thats because I am facing my fears . I'm going to do this as tough as its going to be !!!! I've been through many things in my life and I'm not going to carry on abusing my body and mind in this way when I deserve better . 

My next change will be swimming ! I used to swim everyday and it made me feel great 

We all have our own story dont we so Im not going to moan on about mine . All I can say is that sites like this help so much. I'm very grateful of everyones support and yes ! , we all need to stay strong together.

I hope that you Paper feel happier soon also and thanks xx

• Posted

Aah bless. It helps me recover when I can help others suffering like me. We aren't selfish as the majority believe, we have an illness that's all. 

Going swimming tomorrow too hopefully...little steps. Lots of love xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.