Sad part of Menopause ..No one undertstand you

Posted , 16 users are following.

Saddest part of Peri or Post menopause symtoms is no one understands u..not ur Dr not ur family members sometimes.

From last year i am consulting sooo many Dr .

Had soo many tests and scans but my Drs donot understand my problem.

GP told consult Gyn and gyn told its not peri consult Neurologist ..if u have head problems ( vibrations , heavyness and migranes headaches ) go and see him.

GP told its in ur mind...give me pills for stress and sleeping

this round is going on and on from last year.

but no Dr understands me 😭

Sometimes my family also become fed up by hearing i am not feeling fine...i have sooo many symtoms everyday..

most of ladies of my age ( my friends ) r doing fine .enjoying life to fullest....doing parties...outing and soo on.....i know every one is diffrent ...But Still ..

Feeling depressed by seeing my self that i left my teaching job because of off balance and dizziness symtoms 😭

I am in home from long time...donot feel like going out ..i am thinking where my life is heading ...

I think at this stage of life ur Physically and emotionally weak....WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS IN THIS ??how u all feel and tackle life in this phase .

Thanks to all ladies of this forum for boosting my moral support and giving me hope that HANG IS THERE...πŸ˜€

I am sooo Lucky to be part of this group .

u all beautiful ladies always read my problems and help me out..THANK U πŸ™πŸ™

Hang is there...its Harmones .....its long tunnel with light on other end BECOMES my everyday MANTRA........i keep reminding myself every morning .

Waiting for better days.

Thanks Friends

Love u all

tk

5 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

We all hear you iv had loads off symptoms quite a lot of them terrifying , several visits to the DRs,8 weeks off work with peri menopausal anxiety even tried councilling and no one as far as i can see in the medical field understands they all give different reason as to symptoms iv been told apart from blood tests showing iam peri iv been told its high blood pressure and trapped nerve for the dizziness, block sinus for the fuzzy head and pressure, ibs made worse by me stressing and general feeling crap due to lack of vitamin d and for all my visits to the gp i got no way no how for HRT due to family history and would i like antidepressants (NO THANKS) so apart from all you ladies i would have cracked up by now or thought i was dying from some unknown killer disease pmsl so a big thanks to all you who rant,rave and go on forever big hugs and big xxx

• Posted

US **

oppss sorry S us missing.... I mean no one understand US at this stage ..

Thanks to this forum where all u ladies support me..understand my problems.THANK U ALL πŸ™πŸ™

• Posted

Sorry I mean No one can understand US at this stage ..

Thanks to this forum where all u ladies support me..understand my problems.THANK U ALL πŸ™πŸ™

• Posted

I am so happy to know that I am in good company but at the same time wouldn't wish my experience on anyone. This has been a journey to hell. I am 53 and it all started for me around 47/48. You name, I've had to deal with it. The physical and emotional symptoms are brutal. The only reason I am still here typing this is because for some reason (thanks be to God), I will have period of time that everything lifts and I feel like me again. Sometimes this lasts for hours - other times it will be days - even a couple of weeks. It's those times of feeling good that get me thought the days of feeling like I am the walking dead.

I started bhrt about 7 weeks ago. It's not a slam dunk which is what I was hoping for. It has helped a bit but not as much as I was expecting. I just had my labs done and my ob/gyn and I decided to tweak it a bit so I am hoping I see better results. This was a huge leap for me. I am not one to take anything for fear of side effects but I just couldn't sit idle any longer. I have to find a way to 'right my ship' so to speak and this is the first thing I am going to try.

I too am a healthy person. I'm not overweight. I don't drink or smoke and I eat pretty healthy most of the time. I take a few supplements (D and magnesium) but this health lifestyle just didn't counteract the hormone insanity so that is why I finally succumbed and decided to try bhrt.

If, after 3 or 4 months, I don't get the relief I am hoping for OR if the side effects prove to be too much to handle, then I will taper off and consider an anti-depressant.

I am grateful for this forum and so appreciative of everyone's honesty here. None of my friends are suffering the way I am and I am done sharing with them any longer . They just don't understand.

• Posted

same with me mam..all my friends enjoying life....Far from menopause.... .donot understand my problem.....

Hoping for better day

Good Luck for ur journey dear

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.