Sad part of Menopause ..No one undertstand you

Posted , 16 users are following.

Saddest part of Peri or Post menopause symtoms is no one understands u..not ur Dr not ur family members sometimes.

From last year i am consulting sooo many Dr .

Had soo many tests and scans but my Drs donot understand my problem.

GP told consult Gyn and gyn told its not peri consult Neurologist ..if u have head problems ( vibrations , heavyness and migranes headaches ) go and see him.

GP told its in ur mind...give me pills for stress and sleeping

this round is going on and on from last year.

but no Dr understands me 😭

Sometimes my family also become fed up by hearing i am not feeling fine...i have sooo many symtoms everyday..

most of ladies of my age ( my friends ) r doing fine .enjoying life to fullest....doing parties...outing and soo on.....i know every one is diffrent ...But Still ..

Feeling depressed by seeing my self that i left my teaching job because of off balance and dizziness symtoms 😭

I am in home from long time...donot feel like going out ..i am thinking where my life is heading ...

I think at this stage of life ur Physically and emotionally weak....WHAT ARE YOUR VIEWS IN THIS ??how u all feel and tackle life in this phase .

Thanks to all ladies of this forum for boosting my moral support and giving me hope that HANG IS THERE...πŸ˜€

I am sooo Lucky to be part of this group .

u all beautiful ladies always read my problems and help me out..THANK U πŸ™πŸ™

Hang is there...its Harmones .....its long tunnel with light on other end BECOMES my everyday MANTRA........i keep reminding myself every morning .

Waiting for better days.

Thanks Friends

Love u all

tk

5 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

ohhhh myyy goodness!!!! did i write this and my menopause brain forgot!?!??you hit the nail right on the head!!!! this is exactly how i feel!!!!!! 😦

❀❀❀❀❀

• Posted

Every one who r dealing with this phase has same story mam..we all r stuggling and we r great support system for all of us ..thanks to forum that at least i find some friends who understand my feelings

love u

• Posted

seriously this is how i feel everday for the past year . one symptom goes another pops up .

feel lost fedup just feel like a body living no interst in doing anything . now i have stomach issues pain all over . All i do is read forums to keep me sane .

i wish there was a magic pill . Am just hanging in there like the rest of you . x

• Posted

I cant believe how much you all sound like you're living my life (i feel terrible about that) i don't understand why I'm so different from my mother and sister and grandmother. My mum said she had one or two slight feelings of flushes and then her cycle stopped and that was it, my sister is 4yrs older than me and she doesn't know if she's going through it yet or not and my grandmother didn't either. why do we cop all this unbelievable pain and suffering ? i eat healthy, and i don't drink or smoke.

I am on my own almost 24/7 i stay in my house despite being surrounded by water. I want to do things but i just cant. I gave in to HRT and an antidepressant and an anticonvulsant to stop the burning and head shocks and sleeping medication to stop the insomnia and stop me pacing the house crying having panic attacks. The HRT stopped the severe bladder pain and urgency and hot flushes and severe over the top anxiety. unfortunately these medications have made me gain weight despite eating healthy and small portions (there is always a down side) I'm aware of the risks on these things but to be honest, i had no quality of life before them. I wish i didn't have to take them and i tried to lower the dose and then stop but the pain and symptoms were so severe i couldn't. so this is my life, my Dr has given up on me and doesn't even believe peri or meno cause any pain at all.

• Posted

OMG you are me!! How old are you? Same for me. 47 but started around 45. Horrible anxiety and weird periodic UTI-like issues but no UTI. I have to take sleeping pills every night to sleep. My first symptom was terrible sleep anxiety. Like walking up every hour like someone shook you awake in a panic. Normal sleeping pills didn't help so on a new one. OBGYN thinks anxiety is in my head like I'm an idiot. Like I don't know the difference between what is normal for me or normal life anxiety and when things are going wrong with my body. Clearly it's low progesterone as I was fine until a few years ago. Tried taking progesterone because doc says I'm "crazy low" but just made me gain a ton of weight and a fibroid grow to a problematic size (whole other fun peri issue). I'm also on my own. How is this not in the news? How are doctors not working on this and people not talking about it more? Is it because most women like my family and friends too claim they have no issues? But then I see all the women on these boards. And like you I eat super healthy, have for DECADES. While overweight unhealthy friends and family claim few if any symptoms or not even near menopause at same age. Is everyone else suffering but shamed and embarrassed by men, the media, and those blessed women with no issues that make you feel defective? We need to start a movement to get help but I'm not sure how. At least the UK has menopause leave now so some folks are paying attention.

• Posted

Exactly, I hear you.. I don't understand why there isn't more information and studies out there but its like the subject is taboo or not as bad as we are making it out to be. I am 49 but this has been going on for over 5 yrs more if i count the odd symptoms i can remember leading up to the final melt down.

My sister just suggested I try and organize something that will lead to more awareness and get information out there but i honestly don't know the first thing on how to, but it really does need doing. I mean how am i supposed to get enough proof of how we are all suffering for the medical profession to start taking it seriously and to some that it even exists?

Oh and by the way the anxiety that wakes you in the night or keeps you from sleeping is more extreme than normal anxiety and it is most definitely a part of Peri and meno that one is a proven symptom.

• Posted

Your sister is right though, there defo needs to be more info/support out there and I've been thinking myself that I wish I could do something..

I like you starred peri and then meno around 5 or so years ago but as I'm only 47 now my doctor first of all dismissed it as being the start of menopause... until I persisted that my family has an early menopause history.

We should not have to fight to be listened to and given support especially when we feel do bad. I know all docs etc aren't so but there's defo a lack of understanding in certain areas.

😦

xx

• Posted

thank you. yes it would be good to get something happening but finding accredited proof of what we go through is pretty difficult. most sites keep repeating the most common issues, not what is coming up for us time and time again. all of us are being tested with MRI's ct scans blood tests etc all mostly coming out normal. no MS no Lupus etc all at the stage of peri and meno... some of us are more severe than others but we each have several commonalities. if you look at the women replying on this site alone there are hundreds of us . it just blows me away.

• Posted

i can understand ur pain dear

me too stuggling alot.

same like you my friends of same age group donot have any symtoms.

same like You my mom tooo donot have much issues just hot flashes or tiredness .

I wish we all will be like our normal self again

Hang is there is only hope we have

tk

• Posted

hi dear I am 39 year old .

its nice atleast UK offer some leave.

In India no such system...either work or leave job...😭😭

u can take 5 days leave max ..and u know its not days problem..everyday new symtoms new stuggle so i left my job

tk

• Posted

Agree with u mam this topic need more awareness.

thanks to this forum at least we they have MENOPAUSE group and we can discuss here.tk

• Posted

62 and still getting symptoms, hot flushes, migraine type headaches, I have been suffering extreme health anxiety recently and sleepless nights, but for some reason a few days ago the anxiety just sort of lifted, and I am sleeping a bit better, the anxiety is still there but not that crippling sort, I told my daughter in law and we both agree that it sounds like hormones in the way that it just lifted! I can deal with dips and dives, it gives me confidence that perhaps it will eventually come to an end lol Hold on in there ladies 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.