Sadly I woke up.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi people, i am about as low as you can possibly get. I woke up and feel i shouldn't have done. I don't want to be here. That's it.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sam, my advice is find another counsellor!? I appreciate that this may be easier said than done, but it appears that the one you have has a severe lack of empathy. Go back to your point of origin GP, crisis team or whatever and tell them you're not happy with this bloke. They are duty bound to offer you an alternative. If you're local to Birmingham I would be willing to assist. Hope that helps.

Phil

• Posted

Hi Phil, i am going to see him again this Friday armed with a strongly worded letter. If i feel it's not right after that then i'll go.

• Posted

hi sam just read ure post so sorry u feel so bad ive been there several times in the last 7 months but people who dont suffer dont understand.i keep telling my husband i cant do this again but he manages to talk some sense in to me so i try and carry on for him and my two daughters but its so hard.good on u putting pen to paper to that stupid councellor of yours so u still have some fight in u.we are allin this together on this forum just remember u are not on your own someone will always answer u.have u been to your gp i know its hard to do but he might be able to help with anti depressants and dont feel bad about taking them if it gets u back on an even keel its worth it.im on 60 mg of prozac they start u on low dose and work it up to suit u.dont forget to speak up for youself some people think we are stupid cos were down but we are not stupid just ill and need help.please keep in touch and let us know how u are coping.bazza

• Posted

Hi bazza, i am really glad you had the time to respond. It's a while since i posted this message, i have discovered it is being physically ill that sparks this the most on top my mental health, i hate feeling like but since posting this i have just kept asking for help. I now have lots. One thing all of you write about is antidepressants, i have taken them before and have vowed to never again. I think doctors think they are smarties well they're not. I will never take them again, i am sometimes at rock bottom, but I will put no more pills down my throat ever. My family forced me to take them and saw it as a victory when i was assaulted over 20 years ago, they would rather dump me on antidepressants, no more. I control my life not them, this is exceptionally hard as i have assault counselling and have done for a few years, i'd rather speak to people. You make think i am being stubborn but maybe i am but it's a form of control. I wish you help, you're really kind to respond

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.