Samaritans

Posted , 7 users are following.

can you text the Samaritans? Tried ringing the number but can't do it I can't talk on the phone please does anyone know? X

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I know you feel low and desperate , you are not alone and I know this is hard . You can email the Samaritans but you are best off calling them directly . No matter what it is you will feel better after talking , I have called them a few times .

I know it's dark where you are now and you can see no light , please just call them and let me know you are ok

People do care

• Posted

I always text Samaritans , they do a great job , when i overdose the other week they kept in contact while i was being sick - they did a better job then my local CMHT !!!
    • Posted

I cannot speak on the phone as it takes me hours to pluck up courage to ring and a social worker at my local community mental health centre told me that i was not allowed to email ( which i would prefer to do to contact them ) but had to ring the centre so now i mainly text Samaritans - more so just lately as i have given up on life . Samaritans text number is 07725909090 , check out their facebook page as well as it is very useful , i emailed Sam's yesterday and they got back to me about 5 hours later . Take Care
    • Posted

Can I ask? do you know how Long it takes to reply to a text? Xx
    • Posted

Sorry for delay , had a crisis of my own last night so was in A&E all night . I usually get a text back within half hour sometimes shorter , normally depends on how busy they are , but most importantly they do get back to you , i have been using email to them last few days - takes longer but they do answer and have in all ways been very kind to me and understanding , take care xxx
    • Posted

That's ok, oh no really? hope you're ok? X

They have replied to me, thank you again for the number xx

• Posted

Oh dear maria I hope you are ok now.   How scary for you.  Lots of big warm cuddly hugs.  

Bev xx

• Posted

I am fine - my out of hours crisis team sent an ambulance to me which i didn't want as been fine before but i did go , really pleased that you had contact , take care xx

• Posted

Thank you for your kind words , first time i have ever been in A&E at the hospital ( been in other departments because of arthitis in my knee's ) , the staff were lovely , kind and understanding which was important as i have trouble expressing myself where strangers , etc are concern ,but i will not be returning there - the local CMHT which i attend has finally decided to step up to the mark and appoint someone for me to see besides their psychiatrist , big huggy hug back xx
    • Posted

Yes - am okay now , needed food to settle my body back to norm as felt empty , thank you for your kind words xx
    • Posted

You are welcome Maria.   I am glad you are getting some proper help at last.  More hugs.

Bev xx

• Posted

Hello dondon I don't think you can text but I am sure you can email them I have rang the Samaritans a couple of times but the first time I rang I couldn't speak but all they do is listen to you talking hope this has helped you
    • Posted

You can text Samaritans as i do often and i have all texts from them on my mobile inbox to prove it , likewise i have all that i have sent stored in my phone ( that is just in case anything happens and my mobile is checked - but that is for personal reasons ) , when i struggle i find it easier to text Sam's rather then my CMHT who prefer that i ring them . Samaritans actually told me that i could text due to my phobia in talking on the phone and my difficulties when it comes to meeting strangers , visiting a place unknown to me - unable to visit the Samaritans office because of that .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.