Samaritans

Posted , 7 users are following.

can you text the Samaritans? Tried ringing the number but can't do it I can't talk on the phone please does anyone know? X

0 likes, 62 replies

62 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hi dondons i hope you ok.now can i help you at all ! i dont know if you remember me i used. to message you on here till someone turned me against a lot of people on here i have now decided i will go by how people are with me ! you were ok.with me so i dont want you to do anything to hurt your self please get the help you think you need ! why cant you talk to the samaritans as they are your best bet they wont judge you please let me know your ok and tale care david
    • Posted

Course I remember you sorry you had tough time with people xx

I can't talk on the phone I know it's pathetic ive text the number hope I'll get a reply xx

• Posted

hi glad you remembred me im sorry if i wasnt there to help you ! im here now so your not getting away that easy lol ! my mums back in hospital again it driving me nuts just hope.she gets well again soon just getting over a chest infection feel like crap but taking one day at a time ! i really hope you get someone at the samaritans get in touch with you ! are you going to be ok till the morning ! god bless you and stay in touch david x
    • Posted

I know this wasn't a reply to me but please don't feel pathetic for not wanting to talk on the phone right now.

Sometimes it's just too difficult, and there's no shame in that.

Sometimes it's tough to talk in any way; whether it be face to face, on the phone or in writing.

It doesn't make you pathetic it makes you human. Honestly please take care xx

• Posted

Don't be sorry, it's ok.

I'm sorry to hear about your mum, hope she gets better real soon xx

No reply as of yet, so wrote to myself instead...Stupid ay? It helps me a little though.

I'll be ok thank you xxx

• Posted

Thank you, it is stupid but it's how ive always been I can't help it, I can write/text but talking on the phone is really hard for me.

Thank you, you too xx

• Posted

I don't like talking on the phone and it got me into a twist where my local Community Mental Team when ever i had to contact them as the social worker made it clear to me that i was not to email but to phone - told me that i would get used to it - talking to different duty workers was not a way to get my problem helped - it would take me days to get the courage to do so , Phone speaking is a very common problem - some understand , some don't xx
    • Posted

It's hard isn't it? Something so simple yet it's so hard, I was allocated a support worker to help me with things, phoning people being one of them, she would make any important calls for me that i couldn't do myself, but was only a temporary thing so now I often ignore calls and things I need to do because I find them too hard which only makes life more difficult for me, really wish I wasn't this way xx
    • Posted

So many of us are in the same boat as the saying goes that it is not uncommon , i often don't answer the phone as people who are known to me are in my mobile "phone book" so caller id comes up , if i know my GP surgery is ringing then i will answer it , if it is the CMHT then i don't answer as no number comes up so if they want me they can leave a voice message but they don't always , I can communicate well by writing down in text , email but social worker told me that emails are not safe way of communicating but i do find them useful for expresssing how i feel so that is the reason why i rarely ring the out of hours , or in hours . But you should never blame your self , i don't blame myself - we are unique and we make the best we can of the situation xx

• Posted

Xxxx

Just wish I/things were different, life isnt meant to be easy, I know that, but never imagined it could be this hard just to feel happy and normal xx

• Posted

That is just one of life's mysteries - one minute we can feel fine then the next really low - if we could find a cure then we could bottle it and make a fortune , there is still a lack of help out there - some areas of the UK worse then other , lack of compassion and understanding xxx
    • Posted

dondon life throws up barriers in front of us all the time some we cope with some we cant ! when i felt at my lowest my sister who has helped me realise how much ive got to live for ie my wife whos been my rock ! ive also got two sisters who have been there for me ! have you got anyone you can rely on when you need help ! i had a bad spell today but thankfully its lessened took a quetiapine earlier on to help ! i do really hope you feel better soon david x
    • Posted

im not coping with anything right now.

That's good that you have people close to you that support you, I have a big family and have tried my best to make them understand but they don't so I gave up trying, I'm on my own always have been really, I guess I knew Deep down that they wouldn't understand, they're not like me.

Sorry you had a bad day x

Glad you're feeling a little better now x

Thank you xx

• Posted

its a shame they dont seem to be able to understand the.help you need and how to help you ! if im on here you welcome to message me if not.i will answer any messages when im next on take care david x
    • Posted

It is hard when you don't have family , friends around to support you , i had one friend who lives a couple of counties away - neither of us drive so we communicate mainly via letter but both she and her husband have mental health ( her husband more so ) so we all understand the day to day struggles , i know that if she was here she would be alongside me through every appoinmtent and i would her in fact she wrote to the social worker expressing her concern at my safety - i doubt the SW would had been very happy but he wasn't listening to me and i haven't been to the CMHT since to know his response - got my next appointment with the Psychiatrist over 2 weeks time . The world is often a lonely place and that is why i communicate with Samaritans so much - by email at the moment . xxxx huggy hug sorry i cannot give it to you in person xxxx
    • Posted

hi maria you sound like a caring person who wish to help others but.please look after your self first then you can help those you want to.! ive got a sister i can call on. when im having problems im having really.bad anxiety and depression for.i would say the last few days dont know how i can cope i sometime wish i wasnt here.but then i remember my wife and those who would be affected if i did im just finding it really hard lately ! i pray but i feel at a loss ! thank you for taking the time to listen to me david x
    • Posted

It's not easy no, it's hard being alone, although I have 5 children I Know I shouldn't feel lonely, but I do.

That's nice you have a close friend you can talk to, Shame you live so far apart x

I spent most of the night talking to the Samaritans ( via text)

Xxxxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.