Saw new urogyn today

Posted , 8 users are following.

I saw a new urogyn today and tonight I am so miserable. She said there is not much imflamation except for one spot. She made me an appt for November 3rd. If the spot was still there she said she'd take a biopsy. She would not renew the pain meds my PC gave me. She told me to take MOTRIN? Honestly I was laying there on that table feeling like she thought I was a drug seeker ! I HATE drugs. All I've ever taken is prilosec for reflux. I hate drug side effects I avoid them at all costs now I am on estridol, antibiotics and they gave me hydrocodone or Norco. I didn't ask for that but it worked like a miracle. The only thing that has put the fire out. Other than making me sick to my stomach. Damn it I feel like a drug seeker as I sit here with an ice pack between my legs. I can't function. I have 22 Norcos left and I didn't take any today . I might as well hop up on a hot stove it wouldn't burn any more

I feel like NO ONE understanding how bad this burning is. I need ideas where do I get coconut oil? I looked at Walmart tonight with no luck Vit E doesn't seem to do anything. And I am allergic to Lidocaine. 

Also last night after I used the estridol cream I had weird twitching in my muscles mostly my legs, hard to fall to sleep amyone had side effects like this

Should I find another doctor ? All I want to do is cry. I thought I was tougher than this

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I bought my coconut oil in Walmart In the organic section ...are you taking the vit e orally or using it as an ointment on the affected area..I used it on the affected area and it took a few days to help ..I know just how you feel I was,sitting on ice all the time and even sleeping with an ice PAC between my legs it was,awful...I hope you get some relief soon 😕

• Posted

I'm really worried that the twitching  and cramping legs are going to make me not able to use the estriodal. Then what do I do?

• Posted

Is that listed as a side effect? Haven't seen anyone mentioning it.

May sound silly but would an over the counter PM aspirin help you get to sleep at least?

• Posted

It lists muscle spasms as a side effect. Last night was better. And nothing sounds silly right now
  • Posted

If you can't find the coconut oil in walgreen's you should be able to find it in a supermarket. Are you in a remote area? Also sold in health food stores. Have never bought it in walgreen's myself, but never looked there.

Someone mentioned Nortripyline as a med for pain on another thread. Maybe the doctor would presribe that? It's an anti-depressant so it shouldn't be verboten. Because doctors were prescribing narcotics like candy and half the world is addicted they are now cutting back. Same for antibiotic over use.

Do you have a GP you could contact? What is a PC?  I had a gyn who insisted for 5 years that the med I asked for (which worked) was not appropriate. I told my GP who immediatley prescribed it and I was cured so it's worth the effort. Your GP  should know you and your history.

Good luck. Just know you are not alone with this stuff. Stories abound on this site. Hang in there. Something will work.

• Posted

Primary care doctor. I will try to call and ask about Nortripyline , if I can get a human on the line

• Posted

I went through three years of hell with exactly what you are suffering and add urinary track infections to that one right after the other… Nothing helped from Moran ice would relieve it Vicodin every day I'm grateful that I have the Mona Lisa treatment it change my life. It was expensive but it was worth it nothing else seems to work I know some people have not had success here with it but mine relieved all my symptoms

• Posted

Hi Donna

I am so sorry you did not get the help and relief that you needed at the doctors.  I would definetly get a second opinion from another doctor. Are you in the US?  Have you been diagnosed with AV by that doctor? Did she say no for the Vagifem? To try lower dose?

look for the coconut oil in organic section of store.  It's usually in a jar and is white.

my heart goes out to you Donna.  Please go get second opinion for help and peace of mind.

wendy

• Posted

My doctor said she thinks it's AV the urogyn doctor yesterday said it doesn't look too inflamed ! She actually treated me like I was drug seeking! All she said was given the Estrace two more weeks and she will see me back. I asked about the Vagifem she said next time. I asked about the Nortripyline she said I would have to see my GP for that. And she would not refill the hydrocodone.  Then they set my follow up appt to Nov 3rd beccause that's the best they could do.

• Posted

I went to my GP's online chart and put all this in writing to them. I'm sure they are going to think I've gone crazy. But constant pain will do that

• Posted

I know people think UTI's no big deal. But my Mom suffered years with constant UTI's and pain. SHe had two UTI's that she went into septic shock. The first time it happened she was in her 60's and pulled through. Two years ago December the last UTI went septic ,  I was away at a show and she got sicker. My Mom took ten days to leave us. She was on three rounds of multiple antibiotics and in the end the infection won. I miss her everyday and I almost think she just had had enough of the pain.That's what my brother thinks. Now I understand what she was living with. UTI's and the pain of AV are not a joke but I understand when doctors and peope you love brush it off. 

• Posted

HI Donna and Everyone

Uti's are a big deal! Especially when you have AV!  Ladies...it is so important to drink lots of water and emptying your bladder often.  Also many of us get the UTI ECOLI .....important to keep regular and not get constipated. Also  Eat good amount of daily fiber, drink water....... .Take a good brand probiotic.  If you feel a UTI coming on my doctor advises me to take Macrobid for a few days to fight it off so it won't go into a full blown bad UTI.  Ladies this is what helps me and hope it may help you.  It's so important to keep the UTI's away...especially with AV!

Donna I am so sorry to hear that you lost your Mom to septic shock......I just lost my sister to that after her Chemo.... a twisted  intestine.....doctor should have done emergency.😟.......so sad I miss her dearly.

i wish you all the best!

wendy

• Posted

Hi Donna, 

The coconut oil in my store is found in the section with cooking oils! 

Take care and good luck

• Posted

That's the first place I looked but I was looking like for a bottle not a jar so maybe that's why I missed it. Will try again today Thanks

• Posted

Sorry, I'm from UK, I'd describe it as being in a small jar about the size of jam/marmalade and it looks like lard/ice cream if that helps 😳

• Posted

I guess I have the right stuff then thanks I just didn't think it would look like lard thought it was more like the Vit E oil

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.