Saw new urogyn today

Posted , 8 users are following.

I saw a new urogyn today and tonight I am so miserable. She said there is not much imflamation except for one spot. She made me an appt for November 3rd. If the spot was still there she said she'd take a biopsy. She would not renew the pain meds my PC gave me. She told me to take MOTRIN? Honestly I was laying there on that table feeling like she thought I was a drug seeker ! I HATE drugs. All I've ever taken is prilosec for reflux. I hate drug side effects I avoid them at all costs now I am on estridol, antibiotics and they gave me hydrocodone or Norco. I didn't ask for that but it worked like a miracle. The only thing that has put the fire out. Other than making me sick to my stomach. Damn it I feel like a drug seeker as I sit here with an ice pack between my legs. I can't function. I have 22 Norcos left and I didn't take any today . I might as well hop up on a hot stove it wouldn't burn any more

I feel like NO ONE understanding how bad this burning is. I need ideas where do I get coconut oil? I looked at Walmart tonight with no luck Vit E doesn't seem to do anything. And I am allergic to Lidocaine. 

Also last night after I used the estridol cream I had weird twitching in my muscles mostly my legs, hard to fall to sleep amyone had side effects like this

Should I find another doctor ? All I want to do is cry. I thought I was tougher than this

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Donna the coconut oil comes in  a solid form and is white
    • Posted

it melts in a couple of seconds just with the warmth of your hands hope you find some and get some relief
    • Posted

I've got it and will try it after my shower. My pain is off the charts today

• Posted

Good it may take a couple of days meanwhile keep using the ice pacs...hope it helps you quickly I know the pain is excruciating at times
    • Posted

Were you able to request the Nortripyline from your doctor? If you can get the pain under control it may give the hormone cream time to work. Just going by others having success with it; I have not taken it. However, my GP is prescribing different anti-depressants in attempt to get me able to sleep. Another wonderful post menopausal gift.

In the future you really should look into the Mona Lisa laser treatment. Especially with your family history showing a propensity to get UTI's. Others with UTI problems have had success (some not), but I'm sure doctors can give you some statistics on its success rate.

Re the coconut oil, I find it works for itching. I think it's also an antibacterial. Whatever it is, it's soothing.

Hope you can get something to deal with the pain ASAP. And if your GP (PC) is not aware of your family history absolutely inform him.

• Posted

yes she called it in . I didn't get any relief from the coconut oil?? I'm hopeless

• Posted

donna, that's great that she agreed to prescribe the med! Hold on the the hope that it may work as it has for some others. When can you get it? if this isn't the answer I'm sure there is another that will at least control the burning. This may sound ridiculous, but try to focus on something....anything...else. There are pain clinics that teach techniques for chronic pain. See if you can google for some ideas. 

Watch movies, try to focus on something that interests you. There may be meditation videos on you tube. TRY ANYTHING. 

I had a vaginal infection for 5 years which didn't have me unable to function, but damn near close to it. I just had to somehow live with it, but continued to try to find a solution. My problem was not INSISTING that I get the med I wanted. I will never let that happen again. At some point this will be behind you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.