Say something nice about yourself or talk about something you enjoy!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone, I'm Courtney, I've been suffering with social anxiety disorder since I was 11 years old.

I believe that an important part of acceptance and recovery from any mentall illness is to find and talk about things you love, and people you love, so I've started this discussion to try and boost everyone's mood today!

The point of this is to mention something you do to relax, stay calm, and enjoy your life while dealing with side-effects of your mental health problems.

For example, I enjoy playing video games to take me to a different world, and they let me experience places that are impossible in real life - whether it's a floating city 20,000 feet in the sky, a world where I am a heroic wolf ridding the world of evil with my paintbrush, or exploring the ruins of an ancient civilisation. Gaming is something that makes me feel like everything isn't so bad after all! lol

I honestly hope some of the people that see this will respond, we all deserve to have things that make us happy when nothing else can, and it's so important to acknowledge them.

With much love, Courtney. xo

p.s. Games referenced here are Bioshock Infinite, Okami, and Journey. They are HIGHLY recommended by me smile

p.p.s. I hope these types of posts are welcome on the forum! 

2 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I enjoy singing, I find it is great for relieving anxiety and lifting my mood. That's Barbershop Harmony, which is exciting to take part in. Yesterday I was feeling tired and grumpy, but I still went to my rehearsal in the evening, and came back feeling relaxed and happy, and pleased with what I'd achieved. Then I got a good night's rest. Singing with a lovely group of friendly people helps me to see the positive side of life.
    • Posted

So good to hear, I also love singing, I'll sing to myself most days out of habit lol

Good luck with your singing and hope you have a great day!

xo

• Posted

Haha, if I sang, I would make it rain!
    • Posted

Maybe you could use that talent and help areas in a drought! Singing isn't for everyone I suppose but if you enjoy it it doesn't really matter if you're good or bad smile
  • Posted

I adore adult colouring books. Investing in some good pens first before you choose your books helps. They help me to focus and the colours lift my mood.
    • Posted

I've recently bought some adult colouring books myself, been doing hardly anything but colouring in for the last few days! lol

Such a great time-sink cheesygrin

• Posted

Hello Courtney, your post is a very good idea ! It’s true that people don’t compliment enough themselves! My name is Nora, I’m 24 and I like to make sport ! It’s the best therapy to feel more confident with yourself, you always can go beyond your limits. By doing this you know that you are strong, powerful and alive ! Otherwise I like to take care of myself, make some shopping is also a good therapy. Finally, another quality that I have is that I am a leader, if I make a teamwork I can easily handle struggles with the colleagues.

I lifted my spirit, thank you  smile

• Posted

Thank you for replying Nora!

I agree that sports and exercise can make you feel very good, I like to go to the gym whenever I can smile

Have a nice day!

-C

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.