Scabies Help Needed Please!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have used 5 treatments of Permethrin and one of Malathion. I have been using sulphur soap for months. All seem to help at first but then it comes back.  I saw an expensive private dermatoligist who said "There is no evidence of live scables"   (We have moved into an old house in November and it started then)... not sure if this could be relevant, but I know someone else who got it after moving into an old house, but this seems to defy what the professionals say is possible.  We have just been away for 3 weeks and it cleared up; we have been back 4 days and I have 4 new tracks.  I keep reading that the mites can't live for more than 76 hours wihtout a human host, so how come they are back when we have been gone for 3 weeks? They are an exact replica of scabies pictures. I thought of getting an exterminator in, but not sure what I am dealing with if it isn't scabies.  Can anybody suggest why this could be happening in this way? HELP!  Many thanks if you can throw any light on this; or suggest anything else it could be other than scabies so at least I can try other solutions... 

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi! I'm sorry this is happening to you. I first wanted to clear up a few things because many of the people posting are new to the situation. 1. Just as people have acne that looks different than others acne, scabies will present in the same way. We all respond differently to scabies! This is one reason it is so hard to diagnose. Classic scabies symptoms are not present on everyone and perhaps as few as 30% of people are lucky enough to have the classic symptoms. 2. Doctors, including Dermatologists don't know much about scabies. They know what they read on the CDC website ( they rely on the cdc for info and in turn the cdc relys on doctors for info, so no real help is available through the so called experts). Please be aware that most scabies are resistant to the pesticides that are prescribed. I tried the a few different exterminators, treating the inside and outside off home, they didn't help. We have to be active in doing our own research, because noone is really concerned if your itchy, it's not life threatening until you become so itchy you become suicidal because noone can help you! (Sarcasm/ Reality) I have been suffering for 2 years. I do think you have scabies. I know they can live a long time without a host. My suspision is that they go into hybrination mode to stay alive while the host is gone. I was very active in my fight, but gave up when I found a treatment that made my situation liveable. You see, I have tried almost every treatment out there with the exception of Ivermectum( I am scared of it). I found a treatment that works temporarily( about 1 week on average. I treat every Sunday night to eliminate the itch.) so I have postponed finding a cure. After spending almost a year straight of cleaning, I couldn't do it anymore.( but do wrap your bed in plastic to reduce their numbers) I also think there are to many of them in my house( old house also) so I am waiting until its paid off to buy a new home. I hope noone else ever gets to this point, but the truth is I have came across other suffers that have been suffering for 20 yrs. My treatment is based off of a study done in Australia.( Please look it up if you want to try it.) It is clove oil mixed with cocunut oil. The cocunut oil is not part of the treatment it is the carrier oil. Clove can not be put sraight on the skin, it will burn your skin off!!! Be very careful when handeling it! Add 6% Clove oil to whatever amount cocunut oil you need. Remember when you calculate. find, what is 6% of --- FLUID ounces. Don't forget the fluid part. My Particular recipe is 1.8ml to 1U.S. fluid oz. ( 6% is actually 1.7888 oz, but i round up. I do not recommend rounding up until you know your skin can tolerate the treatment.) I have not perfected the treatment, obviously, or it would be a cure sad I have came across others who said this did not work for them. As I said earlier, everyone is different. Maybe I got lucky and bought the right clove oil and their clove oil was no good or something. I plan to try other clove oil brands to see if I can find a cure. I also think if I treated more it may work. I have tried every 3 days without success. I am in agreement with other sufferers that a treatment needs to be done everyday for possibly 1 month. Outside of the home( which is nearly impossible for everyone.) Long term treatment doesn't bother my skin it actually makes it soft, except that one time my mix was wrong and it burned my skin! Good luck to you and I pray you get rid of them. 

*** obviously I am not a doctor and by law can not give out medical advice. This is just my personal experience. See your doctor and if that fails do your own research and find a treatment that is right for you!

• Posted

I am so grateful to you for bothering to write all this... I started to wonder whether I should be researching something else when I read the other posts...I checked images on the other suggestions and mine don't look like it at all, but they look very like scabies photos on line. I have been trying to find a researcher on the subject to try and get them to talk to me, but there appears to be nobody out there...  someone else I know got it after moving into an old property, so it could be osmethign to do with that.. maybe disturbing them wakes them up likes fleas... apprently fleas can lay dormant for years and then come to life if movement starts..Thank you for your suggestion, I will give it a go, but to be honest, the itching isn't as bad these days, it;s now the feeling that soemthign is crawling about under my skin that stops be sleeping.. I start thinking about it and just lay there... you don't realise what it can do until you get it....  Thank you so very much for bothering...
    • Posted

Hi,

Does it feel like you have something crawling in your hair  ( no not nits,) just the feeling of crawling  and sometimes elsewhere, your back maybe just strange sensations...  also have you ever felt like something has stung you  or like sharp  pricking sensations ?

Stella

• Posted

I do feel like osmethign is crawling in my hair, but there is no sign of any tracks at all in my scalp  (and I haven't treated it either)... Yes I have felt prickling sensations, but didn't put it down to this...  are you researching???

• Posted

I'm glad you got my message. If the itching becomes unbearable remember my remedy. It took awhile for mine to get bad as well. I also treat my face and scalp from time to time. I should do it ever time, but it makes my hair greasy after i wash it out, so i must stay home or wear a hat the next day. Contrary to belief they can infest every part of the body including face, scalp and ears.
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn

No not researching, only it sounds  a bit like mine and mine isn't scabies.

If you have one or buy a fine nit comb preferably white, have a look to see if there's any unusal debris there, I did get the odd spot on my scalp but haven't for ages but still get the debris, I also had odd, almost paperlike cuts.... inexplicable ones with tiny puncture wounds.  I'll see if I can find some photos if that helps.

Are you the same Marilyn who I was emailing sometime ago by the way?

Stella

• Posted

Hi Stella. No not the same one. This is the first time I have ever been on this site.  I just got so desperate I needed to get help, and the expensive dermatologist could not confirm what it was... I have posted quite a few photos on here, so yu cna se how it looks, but it does sound similar... did you find out what yours is??  Did you manage to get rid of it?
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn, I was in the process of attachibng a photo and lost the reply to your message .  My p.c. drives me mad sometimes , so apologise if you get this twice. Finally managed to attach this phot, I couldn't find the ones with the cut mark,  if I do I'll send them. 

I ended up spending a lot of time and money unnecessarily following the advice of a lot of people on scabies forums because that's what I thought I had. I ended up seeing a dermatologist who said no.. I didn't  and thought I might be delusional... no I'm certainly not.  I paid for private test and they said ... no parasites, but I noticed something similar of the reports so ended up buying a cheap endoscope myself  and found the same thing  lots of different coloured fibres and really odd indescrible shapes of things???   S thats' when I realised that I had morgellons, or a form of it.  It's often connected to lyme disease  but not always.  I think it got it when I was ill and my immune system was severely lowered. I was eating rubbish, got severely constipated, had althletes foot -  a bad case of it too.. that was 2 years ago.  I spent 18 months chasing the wrong solutions.  Yours may not be that at all, but it doesn't look like scabies.

How long have you had it, do you remember when it started... had you been ill prior to that - when perhaps you weren't looking after yourself so well?

Stella   - take care  

• Posted

Hi Stella. I tried the swab on the burrows last night and nothing at all came off on the pad. I have a microscope which we check them with every time a new one apepars and there has never been anything but blood marks.  However, my immune system was low as a builder had absconded with our money and I was very low at the time.  I think the only option left to me is to insist on a skin test to make sure of teh diagnosis or I will drive myself nuts.   Here is the new one that appeared last night.  (I get a new one about every other day)
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn

Well that sounds hopeful.. have you tried swabbing otherarea... i.e. where you feel you are getting movement?  I know with mine  it was like a dark film which wasn't noticable until I swabbed it.

I contacted the morgellons org in the u.k. and was told to try a bath with .5kg salt and litre of white vinegar  a quite warm bath, but not boiling and just soak... an all this stuff came floating out of my skin..  and when i drained the bath  very slowly the bottom of the bath was full of bits..  but that was when it was at it's worse.    I don't know what you thought about my photo whether you think there's a similarity or not? . How long have you had this problem... do you think it's getting worse?

Stella

• Posted

Hi!

We are having your exact symptoms. What is it your dealing with? And can you get rid of it?

Shan

• Posted

Hi Marilyn

I read your posts and saw the photos.  One thing to check is whether you are shedding any debris from your skin.  try using something like a facial toner for example  a liquid rather than a cream on a piece of cotton wool and wipe over areas which are a bit itchy and check if there's anything on the cotton wool  it's just an idea at the moment.  Also try putting on a greasy hand chream and rub your hands together  for a time until it's absorbed and  then look to see if it's brought aything out on the surface after a while..

Let me know if anything happens

stella.

• Posted

Marilyn, please don't go looking up morgellons sites.. you'll only frightened yourself to death... what is on there is worse case scenarios.. not everyone is that bad.  That's when I first looked at it.. I thought OMG no that's not what I've got.... it was only by a lot of research I found out that it comes in many forms.

Stella

• Posted

Hi Stella... I think the biggest difference betwen our marks is that mine are always in a straight line not random at all; that's what makes them scabies or now someone is suggesting bed bugs... I tried the swabbing extensively, nothing at all....  Also it went when I was on holiday for 3 weeks, so further suggests something that is in the house...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.