Scabies Help Needed Please!

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have used 5 treatments of Permethrin and one of Malathion. I have been using sulphur soap for months. All seem to help at first but then it comes back.  I saw an expensive private dermatoligist who said "There is no evidence of live scables"   (We have moved into an old house in November and it started then)... not sure if this could be relevant, but I know someone else who got it after moving into an old house, but this seems to defy what the professionals say is possible.  We have just been away for 3 weeks and it cleared up; we have been back 4 days and I have 4 new tracks.  I keep reading that the mites can't live for more than 76 hours wihtout a human host, so how come they are back when we have been gone for 3 weeks? They are an exact replica of scabies pictures. I thought of getting an exterminator in, but not sure what I am dealing with if it isn't scabies.  Can anybody suggest why this could be happening in this way? HELP!  Many thanks if you can throw any light on this; or suggest anything else it could be other than scabies so at least I can try other solutions... 

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn

I follow your reasoning.  It's a pity I couldn't find my other photos... think my p.c. needs looking at. Bed bugs don't leave those marks, and without being personal, if you and your husband share thee same bed - then he would probably be getting it too.  Scabies burrows are different  Unfortunately I did pick that up when I was a teenager... boy does it itch all the time-  but again, it's highly contagious and your husband doesn't have it.    All I can tell you about mine was that after a couple of months of the crawling sensations , cutlike marks started to appear and they looked more like scratches. I too thought they were burrows but they weren't. Apparently the crawling sensations are caused by nerve endings  and the fibres come out via the hair follicles and it's that which cause the sensation. I also had and still have areas which are itchy and if I apply a cream and keep rubbing the area small blackish dots come to the surface. Under a microscope they look like balls of wound fibres..    Mine improved a lot when I started maintaining my PH around 7 all the time and stopped eating anything with sugar.

What is thought is that when your immunity is very low the body can come under attack by bacteria and fungus and it'd really the body's inability to defend itself. The other thing which may have beeen a contributing factor to mine was when I had the foot fungus  I also cracked an amalgam root filled tooth - when I broken it 6 months later , I swolled the filling ( not deliberately) and that's when the infection went skyhigh. That's also when the stinging sensations started too. They were sharp , almost like a being stabbed with a needle, if that makes sense.?

I really don't know what yours is... It  would be helpful if you think about the events which could have happened around the time your immunity was low.  When did the crawling start, were the marks before or after  etc.

With scabies it's very rare to get  them above the neck   unless it's a really bad infection and then it's normally a crusted type which is very different.

Sorry to go on about mine... maybe if's of no help to you... I can't think of anything  that's an insect which would leave marks like yours without there being a spot of some kind as normally the insect delivers some kind of verom even spiders or knats  when they bite.

Are you in an area where you may have been bitten by a tick? or do you handle organic compost materials at all for the garden.   It's a bit of a long shot I know.

I think it might be worth keeping a daily log about what happens each day and when and what you are eating etc. 

Take care Marilyn... if I can be of any help please just let me know.  

Stella

• Posted

Hi Stella.. Many thanks for this.  I think I have to get a skin test for a difinitive answer.  Currently they have offered last week in August!!  I am aksing my GP to fast track it for me.  Will let you know if I find out for sure.  Best. marilyn 
  • Posted

Hi Marilyn

That's a long way off, where do you live.  I'm in the U.K. and had to wait 17 weeks to see the dermatologist, another 7 weeks to get a result... which told me very little. nor did paying £170 for a private test, As I suggested, do keep a daily diary because as time goes on events seem to get jumbled up and it will be useful when you are asked to relay what's been happening. For me, just knowing what it was  gave me some kind of relief... even though morgellons is as equally unpleasant - so I do very much understand what you are going through. 

Forums like these are a great help as it's a way of contact when one is feeling very alone. What I will say is don't use anything on your skin which is harmful, I can't tell you the damage I did to mine through some of these weird and wonderful ideas. By the way, I don't know if you do know but if you have small sores which don't look as though they are healing a 3% hydrogen peroxide  can kill any bacteria present, without burning the skin. Don't use anything stronger as it will burn.  If by any chance you do find anything coming out of your skin or in your hair just use something like a urine sample test pot with a bit of rubbing alcohol or even surgical spirit in it to preserve it.  There's no need to spend loads of money especially when you don't know what you're treating.  

Take care, 

Stella  

• Posted

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your pain with this horrible horrible infection. I found the only way to kill them off is to soak in a bathful of bleach, clove oil and orange oil. It's truly amazing. Soak as long as you can and suffocate the little beggers!! They shouldn't be able to live without a host?! Wash bedding and towels etc and Hoover your mattresses. I wish you the very best of luck.

kindest regards,

T

• Posted

Thankyou for the advice Terri.  At the moment it looks like they could be bed bugs  (although we have no idea how they could have got here as we had not been on holiday jus tbefore moeiving in here (but the builder had, so you never know)...  We have treated the room yesterday, so we'll see...
    • Posted

Hi Marilyn.  Just a thought... going along the lines of possible bed bugs.  Have you had anyone in professionally to check the house, I think you said you'd moved into an old house so possibly whatever it is could have been there before you.. also your comment on the builder, if he had bed bugs they can travel attached to clothing or belongings.  I'm still not sure about the bites though as they don't look right for a bed bug, but it could be some kind of biting insect - although a bit odd if you and husband do sleep in the same room /bed that he doesn't get them.  What you could try is diatemaceous earth.  It's an effective insecticide ( actually it can be consumed by humans as a intestinal cleanser  it's only dangeous if breathed in)  I use it around my bed and skirtings as I have carpet... to keep moth grubs out and creepy crawlies... after having woken up one night with a loud buzzing type noise in my ear!!!! Yes something had craled in there YUK! The D.E. powder is good - you can buy it on line.

Stella

• Posted

Hi, I am an internal medicine Doctor that is also dealing with scabies. I had a partner that had something very similar to what you have and he found out it was carpet beetles. They don't bite you but the larvae cause a reaction on the skin that itches and it is in a line just like your pictures. They leave little casings on the carpet and usually get worse in the house when you are gone (and not vacuuming). The treatment is to vacuum very well. Also,it is also very important that even though your husband doesn't have symptoms he probably has the mite, so everyone has to treat at the same time or you will keep giving them to each other. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.